• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Baseball/Basketball Card Help ???

mart1

Registered Member
I have just been given a few hundred Baseball cards to list for a friend and one Michael Jordan mint basketball card with a commemorative book !! I am trying to do research before listing them but there are so many types that I am lost !! And even within the individual types there are different cards !! I have Bowman, Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck, Sportflics 3Ds, Leaf, Donruss, and a bunch of the fancier cards with Gold & Silver embossing, and a couple that are mini`s. These are from a teens collection and are mostly late 80`s & 90`s cards !! How would one begin to organize, catagorize & sell these??? I do not even have a clue which are the most collectable or which players are more collectable !! And I am a member in the PSA forums but these guys speak in a different language,,,,!!! I also have a GM Mint Michael Jordan, Upper Deck, basketball card with a commemorative hardcover book to be listed !! I can`t find this particular book anywhere !! It is called "Welcome Back Michael, A Commemorative Edition" Any help, hints, advice would be appreciated !!!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I've had about 500,000 cards sitting in my basement for 3 years, with no idea where to start. I was thinking of unloading the lot on some kind of..you buy emm....you come n get emmm auction! It's just such a pain in the butt to list them all individually.

mart1

Registered Member
Well, I do not have near that many in this group but if yours only brought a buck each, your OK !! These are for my grandaughters boyfriend to help get his car fixed, so I want them to at least bring enough to help !!

helpisontheway

Registered Member
Michael Jordan is always a wanted card... I do believe it is his Rookie card from any makers... however, I think Fleer and Topps are the most wanted... either 86 or 87 is the rookie year...

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
I wish you good luck on it. I tried selling some cards and didn't have any luck until i put my life story on with it and then they sold pretty good till Ebay tour my playhouse down. They are good at that!!

Good luck with it, I hope you can find someone to buy them. Have you check Beckett.com?

mart1

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:
I wish you good luck on it. I tried selling some cards and didn't have any luck until i put my life story on with it and then they sold pretty good till Ebay tour my playhouse down. They are good at that!!

Good luck with it, I hope you can find someone to buy them. Have you check Beckett.com?

I tried to look at the price guide at the Beckett site but you have to pay to use it !! Figured I`d just find another one !! I am not sure that it would help unless I know what I am looking at !! The Michael Jordan is a basketball card, not baseball & it is an Upper Deck Collectors Choice Star Quest 171 Card from 98 !! It is in a hard plastic case that was sealed by Upper Deck & hasn`t been opened !! The case is scratched but the card is just like it came from UD. ! I am really curious about the book since I can`t find it anywhere !! It sure has great pics though!!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Hey what I did was did a search of the card and card number and checked others prices of the cards I did that on Beckett. I wasn't going to pay for pricing either.

TwilightDawn

~Bus Driver's Pet~
You can buy price guides at the sooper market...I know a lot about them as I have been collecting Topps since '85. I love my cards!

mart1

Registered Member
Hey , I finally found the book , but is was no big deal !! I think I will wait to list these 2 !! I am not too impressed with any of MJ`s card prices !!

What are you talking about that you can find at the market ?? I haven`t seen anything but then I am in a little town in Texas with only one super market & it is Brookshires !! Could be they do not have them here !!

TwilightDawn

~Bus Driver's Pet~
Ya you normally find them at an Albertsons or Kroger market. I have even found them in the 7 11 by my house.