Barry Bonds indicted on perjury charges

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
He said he took them not knowing they were steroids. They're never going to be able to prove he knew what he was taking.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unless they make a rule that if you take something you need to know what it is... I mean SOMEBODY had to have known. Who did he get them from? I'm sure he knows that. Maybe that person needs to testify?

It's interesting that this should come up just months after his big record.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Is it, honestly, that hard to believe that he knew what was going into his body?

Wouldn't you question why your trainer was sticking a needle, quite literally, into your ass?

dmny500

Registered Member
There's no way he didn't know that he was taking steroids. He just doesn't want that against him and I hope he goes to jail for lying. He should just be a man about it and confess already.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He won't go to jail for it, ever, unless he was busted in a huge conspiracy and all of his friends turned on him.

...kinda like Vick...

..but, yeah, he's going to walk. Think he'll lose the record if he gets busted for cheating, or banned from baseball?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure how that works but look at Mark McGuire? Wasn't there a similar issue with his home run record a few years ago?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If Pete Rose was banned from baseball for gambling, then anyone who uses performance-enhancing drugs should also be banned. For life. It's pretty much a joke that you can test positive and only receive a 15 game suspension or whatever it is. I'll be VERY surprised if he ends up in jail, and there's zero chance they'll take away his homerun record.

RarePD

Registered Member
You can't take away his homerun record. That's impossible. The only time it'll be taken away from him is when another baseball player slugs more homeruns than Barry Bonds. But, that might be 10-100 years from now.

I don't think they should put an asterik on his homerun ball either. Mark Ecko is, simply put, a moron. And his video game was absolute garbage. :lol: