Bargnani Is Starting To Show Why Raptors Took A Chance

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yahoo.com -
    Andrea Bargnani is starting to show why the Raptors took a chance on the soft-shooting Italian forward with the top pick in the draft.

Chris Bosh had 17 points and 11 rebounds and four other Raptors reached double figures in scoring, and Toronto held on for a 92-83 victory over the slow-starting Pacers on Sunday.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...s_starting_to_show_why_raptors_took_a_chance/

2. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Yeah i just watched the game and he did start off so hot and he really did show his potential.

3. Babe_Ruth

A lot of people are saying that he's going to be a stud, at first he looked really lost, but so does every rookie, especially the ones who're coming from Europe. Mitchell is doing a great job with him, and that's giving him minutes, he's even playing in crunch time, which will help him even more. I can't wait till he reaches is full potential, I don't like comparing players, but I see some Nowitzky in this young player. He's also willing to learn more, because he's been asking coach Mitchell about defensive plays.

4. Illosophee

Illosophee Guest

Bargnani made a contested three-pointer at the top of the key. That impressed me... somewhat. Seeing how he can shoot, I think that later on in his career, Bargnani can become a Dirk Nowitzki-type of player. Meaning: Big man who can shoot.

5. Babe_Ruth

We already knew that he could shoot the ball, it's just can he be consistent for is first year, at first he wasn't but now that he's getting more confident, and he knows he can hit them, he's not afraid to shoot anymore, and doesn't look lost half the time. He also drives the lane and gets lay ups which is very good.

6. Rickster

Rickster Guest

He'll come around and be a good player. I still think passing on Morrison wasn't the brightest move. But Bargnani is still getting used ot the NBA, he's improving at a nice pace and the Raptors should be happy.

But they'll still be known as Chris Bosh and Co.

7. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

I think he'll end up being a good player. No where near close to being a "great" player, but I like I said a second ago, I think he'll be a good player to have around on the wing for a three as he begins to get better. I haven't heard much about him at all on either side this year, but how is he playing on the defensive side of the ball thus far?

8. Babe_Ruth

I truly believe he's going to become an all star in this league, everytime he get on the court he becomes better and better. I rather have him then Morrison any day. People don't know how to defend him because they know he's a shooter, but now he's starting to drive to the rim more now, which is great. He has a chance to become Rookie of the Year in my mind.

9. bargnani7

bargnani7 Guest

hes going to get roy.
    it might be tough wen hes against a scorer like morrison but im sure he has the energy to win through.
    WHOS THINKS HE WILL BE A NEW DIRK?
    i think he wont be as good but still good....maybe at his career best im thinking he'll average 23 and 10