• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Barefoot

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Do you usually walk barefoot around the house?

Now that it's hot, I've found myself being all day barefoot ... and I know it's not healthy ...but I can't help it.
I generally dislike walking that way, though. :shifteyes:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
uhhh how could it not be healthy? You werent born with Shoes on you feet :hah:

I go barefoot as often as possible. Even at work I take my shoes off and walk around in socks. I feel most comfortable when Im not wearing shoes, not that I feel confined or anything in shoes... but theres just a certain freedom of going bare foot.

I've always been what my dad calls "A barefoot okie"... when I was little the only time they could keep shoes on me was when I went to school. Other than that I'd run around barefoot all the time, through stickers, mud, gravel, grass, water, anything. I've pulled more goatheads out of my feet than I'm sure most people have ever seen in their life :hah:

To finish it off, one of my absolute favorite experiences going barefoot probably would gross alot of you out. I remember in school I had some friends that just couldnt stand the feel of mud between their toes. I live on an Almond Orchard, every so often we irrigate and flood the trees. In doing so it gives a nice coat of mud + water across the whole orchard. Walking through that is like getting a massage from 1,000 midget monkeys. The water at your ankles, the mud over your feet.... its almost esoteric.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I walk barefoot in the house all the time, I'm currently barefoot as we speak. I personally never heard anything that stated it's not healthy doing so.

I've done it all my life, so I don't find it weird/strange doing so.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm almost always barefoot when walking around the house, and I've never heard of it being unhealthy.

Like Goat, being barefoot in mud and water is a great feeling.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I do that too in summer. Why is it not healthy? My floor is always clean! :)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
uhhh how could it not be healthy? You werent born with Shoes on you feet :hah:
Well..you weren't born with clothes on, either. But in Winter you can't go out naked. ;) ... otherwise you'll end up in the hospital

Also, there's this disease (whose English name I don't know) that is about your bones getting cold when you walk barefoot.
It's a type of disease that remains there for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well..you weren't born with clothes on, either. But in Winter you can't go out naked. ;)
Why not? I do all the time:p

But seriously, that has to do with exposure to the elements, your question was barefoot around the house. You could walk around naked in your house and I don't see how that would be an unhealthy thing to do.

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"

Now that it's hot, I've found myself being all day barefoot ... and I know it's not healthy ...but I can't help it.
I generally dislike walking that way, though. :shifteyes:
I am barefoot right now. For me it's the norm along with being shirtless ( I guess because it is hot most of the time here in Ja.)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Why not? I do all the time:p

But seriously, that has to do with exposure to the elements, your question was barefoot around the house. You could walk around naked in your house and I don't see how that would be an unhealthy thing to do.
You can go out naked and walk around like that in the house, that's not what the thread is all about lol.

Going out naked in the Winter is unhealthy as well .. just as it is walking barefoot.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You can go out naked and walk around like that in the house, that's not what the thread is all about lol.

Going out naked in the Winter is unhealthy as well .. just as it is walking barefoot.
Ok, I'm confused. I thought your question was about walking around barefoot in your house.

I don't understand how it's unhealthy to do so, unless you have charred pieced of glass everywhere.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EllyDicious General Discussion 15
RedRunner Health & Fitness 3
F Sports 6