Barefoot

Discussion in 'Sports' started by FourBear, May 8, 2007.

1. FourBear

FourBear New Member

Has anyone gone waterskiing barefoot...no skis? I would love to try it sometime, but wonder how much more difficult it is than regular waterskiing.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It is MUCH harder because unless you keep your feet at the perfect angle you will do a pencil dive straight into the lake. Also you have to keep your body at the right angle which means unless you have abs of steel you could find yourself under water in short notice. :)

Only time I've tried anything similar was when I biffed it on a wakeboard. My feet got pulled completely out of the bindings and for maybe .005 of a second I was barefoot waterskiing. ;)

3. tater03

tater03 Registered Member

I have never tried this and have never really thought about trying it. I have enough trouble staying upright when using actual skis. Never been very good at sking but I try.

4. FourBear

FourBear New Member

So then...maybe I can work my way up to getting 6-pack abs if I start trying to barefoot waterski? Hehehe.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I bet Nightsurfer here has tried this. He has tried a lot of extreme sports and this seems to be one that he would have done. Maybe he will see this and let us know! :)

6. FourBear

FourBear New Member

I hope so! I'd really like some feedback from someone who has tried it. If I can get myself over to the lake sometime this summer, I may try it out myself.

7. ACCER

ACCER Registered Member

My brother is an outstanding waterskier and while he can do this, he cites it as being quite difficult. To quote him "Normal people are going to flop".