Barack Obama admits plans to weaken America

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Nothing in this video will make America safer by any means.

Honestly what Obama says in this video is enough for McCain to slap a "How Obama will weaken America" before it and an "I'm John McCain and I approve this message" after it.

Obama wants to aim for a world with no nuclear weapons. So basically we'll destroy ours and Russia will keep theirs. You'd think he would have a proof reader review his campaign ads before he airs them. What about North Korea? Think they will just stop making nuclear weapons? Of course. He'll just ask nicely. That's real smart. It's suicide.

YouTube - Obama-Caucus4Priorities

Here's a transcript of what he says in this clip:

Barack Obama is nothing more than a modern day Mary Antoinette. He's just not living in reality.

"Let them eat cake."

Just watch that video again and tell me you honestly think he has his head on straight. It reminds me of one of those video clips you'd see in an epic movie in a flash back BEFORE everything turned south. Insert some dramatic music into that video and you'll have a tragedy Hollywood blockbuster in the making, only this is real life.

That video is a public admission of the idiocy he he plans to bring to the white house as president.

Discuss.

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Mmm... smart, tell your enemies where you won't go, because that is where they will go.

Unproven missile defense systems? You mean like the one that shot the satellite out of the sky a few months ago?

This man is still an idiot.

Good thread Hybrix. :)

3. Sim

Sim Registered Member

America really has no reason to be afraid of falling behind other countries, when it comes to the military.

America is responsible for about 50% of all military expenditures worldwide. That means America spends as much money on the military, as all other countries on the world combined.

Another rough 25% are spent by America's NATO allies. That means the US and its NATO allies outclass the rest of the world combined 3:1. Iran does not even spend 2% of what America is spending on its military.

So America could reduce its military expenditures down to 20% of its current state, and would still be the most powerful country is the world. If there is any government sector that qualifies as "large state", it's the military. You really have leeway here, no reason to be afraid of moderate cuts.

4. synyst

synyst Registered Member

The US has enough nuclear weapons to destroy the earth over 1000 times. I say getting rid of them is a great idea.

Bananas likes this.
  5. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

good post.

I go back and forth between Obama meaning what he says and changing the message depending on the audience. Either way is scary. Is he so naive that he believes Superman IV is the answer to the nuclear arms race? Or does he think we're so dumb that nobody outside of the Caucus4Priorities will ever hear this speech?

McCain does it too! Is always the response, but consider this for a minute:
    Domestic Fuel Archives McCain Opposes Ethanol Subsidies in Iowa
    Here's BigMac in Iowa. He has got to win the heartland or he has no chance. does this sound like a guy pandering to the crowd:

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Uhhhhhh... no. It's fairly naive to think that any American president would ever be so ignorant as to blunder into unilateral nuclear disarmament, much less that the many people needed to carry out this suicidal plan would allow it to occur and not instead have him (or her) carted off to a rubber room. Honestly, that's about as far-fetched as any crazy thing I've ever heard. Trust me, you won't be hearing John McCain try to make the claim that this ridiculous doomsday scenario could ever take place under an Obama administration.

Just FYI, Marie Antoinette never said any such thing.

7. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

I do agree that America spends too much money on some military systems yet allot are necessary to ensure our ability to uphold our freedom and safety.

I don't understand why he is making such huge list of cutbacks though, Taking the opposite approach of Mccain is not the right idea in my eyes.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's hard to confirm for sure what was said exactly but that's not the point. ;) Another variation is:

"Why don't they eat pastry?"

9. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

No, I mean that it wasn't her at all. The quote existed c. 1750, while Marie was still a small child. And yeah, it was a superfluous comment on my part (I had made my on-topic point in the previous paragraph), but I just thought you might like to know that you were perpetuating a disinformational myth propagated by Leftists to fan the flames of the French Revolution. But hey, if you don't care, I don't care.

10. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Our military spending is almost equal to that of the entire rest of the world combined. Call me ballsy, but I think we can afford to cut it back a bit, even if we can afford not to.