banning?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
would you mods ban a long time, devoted GF member, temporarily or even permanently?
let's suppose he's a real friend of mod in the real life, he's very popular here but he broke the rules and managed to get 5 or more infractions all together.

theoretically would be Yes, rules are the same for everyone.

practically?

i hope it's an honest answer.

Hiei

The Hierophant
Kaz and Veg. Need I say more?

That's exactly what I was going to say. I'm not a mod, but I'll say that I've seen them do exactly that. The rules are the rules, after all.

That being said, I myself, have had more than five infractions and I've only been banned once.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yes.

as Bliss said we have not hesitated in the past and nor do I feel we will in the future.

One could make the argument that Cons has skated by for quite some time in the past but as long as I've been a mod he hasn't had the active points at one given time to be banned.

Me personally I'm not a huge fan of handing out Bans unless they are of the "Blatant Link Spammer" Variety. However if the situation gives me no other choice, then so be it.
------
That being said, I myself, have had more than five infractions and I've only been banned once.
infraction points expire after certain periods of time depending on the infraction given.

So you may have had 5 infractions over the course of your membership... but unless they were all within say a months time, chances are they werent live... otherwise the system automatically bans you ;)

Last edited:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
We should ban you for making this thread! :)

But seriously, yeah, rules are rules. Just because people are friends doesn't mean they are immune.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
yes. :yawn:
there you go. i knew this question would come up......

i wonder why this thread sounds weird to you.
this thread idea came up after Ice talked about Clever's banning and it was an immediate banning that i wondered if it would happen the same with a long-time GF member. [and i'm not a long time GF member so this has nothing to do with me.]
i'm just curious.