banning?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by EllyDicious, Nov 10, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

would you mods ban a long time, devoted GF member, temporarily or even permanently?
    let's suppose he's a real friend of mod in the real life, he's very popular here but he broke the rules and managed to get 5 or more infractions all together.

theoretically would be Yes, rules are the same for everyone.

practically?

i hope it's an honest answer.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Kaz and Veg. Need I say more?

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Kaz dug his own grave tho.

4. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

That's exactly what I was going to say. I'm not a mod, but I'll say that I've seen them do exactly that. The rules are the rules, after all.

That being said, I myself, have had more than five infractions and I've only been banned once.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes.

as Bliss said we have not hesitated in the past and nor do I feel we will in the future.

One could make the argument that Cons has skated by for quite some time in the past but as long as I've been a mod he hasn't had the active points at one given time to be banned.

Me personally I'm not a huge fan of handing out Bans unless they are of the "Blatant Link Spammer" Variety. However if the situation gives me no other choice, then so be it.
    ------
    infraction points expire after certain periods of time depending on the infraction given.

So you may have had 5 infractions over the course of your membership... but unless they were all within say a months time, chances are they werent live... otherwise the system automatically bans you ;)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  6. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

We should ban you for making this thread! :)

But seriously, yeah, rules are rules. Just because people are friends doesn't mean they are immune.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Millz you were banned once.

8. EllyDicious

automatic ban is for every rule broken, or it depends ?
    so, in general, mods ban members manually or they are banned automatically?

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Are you planning on doing things that they will ban you for, and you want to check how far you can go first?

10. EllyDicious

yes. :yawn:
    there you go. i knew this question would come up......

i wonder why this thread sounds weird to you.
    this thread idea came up after Ice talked about Clever's banning and it was an immediate banning that i wondered if it would happen the same with a long-time GF member. [and i'm not a long time GF member so this has nothing to do with me.]
    i'm just curious.