• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 banned Xbox 360 commercial

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I don't see a problem with it. It's just a bunch of stupid people playing "air multiplayer" in public with their hands as guns. Even the music is light-hearted and not serious. There's no offense or suggestion for harm here. The worst that it encourages is to have fake gunfights in public. That's something only little kids would do, and (1) it's harmless, and (2) they already do stuff like that anyways (I should know :D ).

As far as I can tell, the only major problem with this commercial is the low production values. On one of the shots, I could blatantly see the person on the balcony jumping off and snagging on a bright orange and black bungee cord on the way down. The editing on that shot was just horrible. This is quite obviously a low budget project that requires only the extra resources of a Taxi and the building rental. Besides that, it's a film that anyone can do, even myself with my no personal resources whatsoever. That being said, I think the filmmakers should have done more to make this thing stand out, at the VERY least on the editing table. It's not too bad, but not too good. I could do better. I'd just need that many people.

Pianobone

Registered Member
I liked it. And Vega- I think he was supposed to catch on the bungie cord, because he was like a window washer or some janitor type guy up in the corner of the ceiling.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Pianobone said:
I liked it. And Vega- I think he was supposed to catch on the bungie cord, because he was like a window washer or some janitor type guy up in the corner of the ceiling.
Yep. And that commercial is hilarious. It should be against the law to make showing that commercial on tv against the law.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I heard about this too, they say the MS lawyers didn't want us to see this ad, god knows why

ltk9492

Registered Member
well, you guys know, what with the now so strict FCC and all, someone really could win a lawsuit about this, in this day and age. it is sad because this isn't harming anyone or anything to that affect. The ONLY thing i could think of was that it was fake GUNS in an AIRPORT. This might be why, to me this is the only plausible reason.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's funny how guns are so controversial and offensive to so many people, yet they're totally legal and easier to get for an 18 year old than a case of beer. The hypocrisy in this country is disgusting.