• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bankrupt one person or company?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
If you could bankrupt one individual or country who/what would it be?

I would bankrupt Electronic Arts. They represent everything that I hate about the capitalistic takeover of the video game industry. The quality of video games would instantly increase and there wouldn't be major harm to the world's economy.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
One Individual or Country... and Steve picks EA, a company... :lol:

This is a really tough question and I've never really thought about this before (mostly because it's sort of a screwed up concept to WANT to bankrupt somebody).

I'd go with a country that we know is doing terrible stuff to their people like North Korea (if you want to discuss North Korea please refer to the appropriate thread in MD), or maybe a country being run by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Doc

V.I.P.
I was in a hurry when I posted this topic. I actually meant company!

It's hard to bankrupt a country that is already bankrupt, Dave. NK has almost nothing.

If we're going to pick a country to I'd choose Pakistan, Iran, or Syria.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'd say Bank of America or TD Bank. Both are incredibly well known for fucking over their customers and ruthlessly ripping fees out from their bank accounts with little to no info. The fact that either company are still in business is actually offensive to me.

Source: TD customer for 10 years.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Can I bankrupt whoever is responsible for football? I can't even explain to you how much I hate it. I feel they are so overpaid for what they do. It still angers me that nurses here are losing their jobs or being paid pennies, when someone kicks round a ball and gets paid millions.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Oh man, there are a handful of companies that I would love to bankrupt. EA was a good choice. They are the most hated company in America (or the world?) for a reason. Microsoft is another one that I could easily pick. Or Comcast.

But I'm going to surprise everyone and go with ESPN. They are everything that's wrong with sports right now and they have way too much influence over what's popular and what isn't. They are basically the MTV of sports.

Doc

V.I.P.
No one has said Apple yet. I thought that everyone hated their business practices.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I like Apple way more than Microsoft. For the most part they make products that actually work, and at least under Steve Jobs they were innovative as well. Yeah, their stuff is expensive, but I don't mind paying more for high quality, well designed products. Microsoft's products are crap and they try to nickel and dime you to death.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't mind bankrupting Donald Trump or Rush Limbaugh. All they do is use their money to stir things up and it would keep Trump out of politics. As far as a company or in this case more of an organization I would like to see PETA go bankrupt.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I love EA, they provide me with my FIFA fix!

I would bankrupt McDonalds, in a sense of eliminating obesity.