MODESTO, Calif. Six Modesto bank workers were hospitalized and a criminal investigation launched after a customer deposited a packet of money wrapped in a paper towel, authorities said.
Modesto Regional Fire Authority Division Chief Sean Slamon said hazardous material crews responded to the Chase Bank branch at Tully Road and Standiford Avenue at about 3:30 p.m. after workers experiences hives, itching, rashes and fevers.
Calif. bank workers fall ill from tainted money
A low-level toxic substance was detected by a monitor but they still don't know what was on the money that made these people sick.
I use to work as a cashier you would believe how dirty your hands can get from money. I've never became sick from it, that I know that was the cause but you really never know.