• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bank worker's ill from tainted money

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
MODESTO, Calif. Six Modesto bank workers were hospitalized and a criminal investigation launched after a customer deposited a packet of money wrapped in a paper towel, authorities said.

Modesto Regional Fire Authority Division Chief Sean Slamon said hazardous material crews responded to the Chase Bank branch at Tully Road and Standiford Avenue at about 3:30 p.m. after workers experiences hives, itching, rashes and fevers.

Calif. bank workers fall ill from tainted money

A low-level toxic substance was detected by a monitor but they still don't know what was on the money that made these people sick.

I use to work as a cashier you would believe how dirty your hands can get from money. I've never became sick from it, that I know that was the cause but you really never know.