• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bank security boxes

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did you know that you can get a bank security box for $10 a year? There are big ones and small ones, but it's a good idea just to have to put important files in. One thing you could also do is burn cd's of important computer files and keep those in one as well. Think to yourself, if your house burned down, and you lose all of your files, do you have things that you would regret losing? If you have a digital camera, it's nice to backup all of your digital pictures and keep them somewhere safe as well. Just an extra measure that can be taken for a very cheap price. Some banks even will give you one for free if you have an account with them.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I tried to get one at our local bank, but all the larger ones are already taken. The smaller ones won't even fit a CD/DVD for backups. So, I'm on their waiting list. :(

In the meantime I have a fireproof safe.

MarketBoss

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Did you know that you can get a bank security box for $10 a year? There are big ones and small ones, but it's a good idea just to have to put important files in. One thing you could also do is burn cd's of important computer files and keep those in one as well. Think to yourself, if your house burned down, and you lose all of your files, do you have things that you would regret losing? If you have a digital camera, it's nice to backup all of your digital pictures and keep them somewhere safe as well. Just an extra measure that can be taken for a very cheap price. Some banks even will give you one for free if you have an account with them.
I agree that fire proof safes are actually more convenient and in your own home. Also, you said what would you regret losing, what wouldn't you regret losing? :-/

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
But safes can always be stolen.

Well, what I meant by regret losing is things that can't be replaced, or things that are very expensive to replace that your insurance might not cover. :)