• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo 64 Banjo Kazooie

dDave

V.I.P.
Well just 2 days ago I purchased Banjo Kazooie for N64 on ebay and i was wondering who here has played it and what their thoughts were on the game.

I haven't actually received the game in the mail yet so I have to wait to play it.

Although I hear it's a lot like Donkey Kong 64, if so I'll be very satisfied.

Anybody have any thoughts on this game?

ancredelamour

Registered Member
I used to play it a lot when it first came out and I remember blue troll things and I was super afraid of them. But it's really a fun game and I think you'll enjoy it.
My favourite part is when you get to wear boots to go int he acid water. Yeahhhh....

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't played it either but from what I've seen it looks to be pretty fun. I wish more platform/adventure games were being made these days.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
This game is so hard to play without a guide. :-o The maps are just so huge. I got this game when N64 was still the system of choice. The multiplayer games are really fun.

I just got to one level that required you to hit a switch and jump on a train. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of that when I hit the switch, so I can't progress, and I had already spent so much time already. :mad: So yeah, I think it's fun, but you gotta know what you're doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I had it, played it, beat it.

Its a definitely a difficult one I had that I can recall. I think more than once I played it and then just got frustrated so I'd have to put it away for a while. But none the less I always came back. Kinda think I'd give it a go now to see if its still as frustrating now as it was back then.
------
This game is so hard to play without a guide. :-o The maps are just so huge.
I was thinkign the same thing. I'll have to dig around and see if I still have it, maybe I can make some photocopies to help Dave out ;)

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Fun game. I played it not too long ago. I think I always get bored with it before I get towards the end though.

Is there really a point to memorizing all of Guntilda's facts from her sister?

I do have a walkthrough on it, I think.

I must say, DK is far superior though.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I must say, DK is far superior though.
Do you mean DK64? I'd rank that in my top 5 favorite games ever so I was kind of hoping BK was up there as well in entertainment longevity value.

dDave

V.I.P.
This game is so hard to play without a guide. :-o The maps are just so huge. I got this game when N64 was still the system of choice. The multiplayer games are really fun.

I just got to one level that required you to hit a switch and jump on a train. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of that when I hit the switch, so I can't progress, and I had already spent so much time already. :mad: So yeah, I think it's fun, but you gotta know what you're doing.
I usually don't ever revert to using a guide unless I absolutely have to (I'm talking spend several hours trying to figure something out and by that point I'm just mad). Other than Zelda 2 getting a few hints from Echoes I really haven't used any guides on games, I think it's cheating, it's way more fun to do it from scratch and figure the whole game out yourself.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Do you mean DK64? I'd rank that in my top 5 favorite games ever so I was kind of hoping BK was up there as well in entertainment longevity value.
Of course. I left off the 64 since we were in a 64 thread.
DK64 is my favorite game, and I would never part with that console solely for that game. BK would probably be my 2nd favorite 64 game.

dDave

V.I.P.
Of course. I left off the 64 since we were in a 64 thread.
DK64 is my favorite game, and I would never part with that console solely for that game. BK would probably be my 2nd favorite 64 game.
That's good to hear because we seem to have pretty similar tastes when it comes to N64 games.

I wasn't ever expecting hear another very active GF member to ever say that DK64 is their favorite game, it's definitely mine that's for sure (I think everyone knows that).

Man I'm really excited to play this game, it feels like I've been waiting a long time but I haven't. if not for ebay I'd probably never buy any new N64 games.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Video Games 25