Nintendo 64 Banjo-Kazooie

Who else enjoyed this game? I recently purchased Banjo-Tooie and I've been having some good fun with that. I suppose a lot of the fun comes from nostalgia though. In any case, they are both very well made games.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think I rented it once, several years ago. If I remember correctly, there was way too much collection crap. Otherwise it was ok.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
I rented and I playd it for 36hrs straight. I did not beat it...but I had some of the freakiest, wierdest hallucinations/dreams. I have never stayd up that long before or play a game that long straight. It honestly made me hallucinate. I was pretty young at the time as IM only 19 now.

All in all, I thought the game rocked.

I just played Banjo-Tooie for an hour straight without saving and made a ton of progress, only to have the game suddenly freeze on me. I just turned the game off and walked away, so I don't know if I lost all that progress. :-/

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I hate it when that happens. I get so pissed I usually stop playing the game for a long time. It's so annoying having to do everything over again. A few months ago I was playing Zelda II on GBA, trying to beat it with zero deaths. I was doing great, more than halfway through the game, and it froze while I was in one of the towns. Very gay.

Well luckily I only lost my last 5 minutes of progress, which was simple to regain, so I'm not too mad about it. It sure could've sucked though.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Ho ho, 36 hours straight, oh yes, that is me with Banjo and Zelda MM : ) There is an immense satisfaction to Banjo, it feels like collecting actually matters in Rare's games, at least to me

Yeah, I've noticed that about Banjo games. It's all about puzzle-solving and collecting items, but it's very satisfying when you do solve a puzzle and collect that hard-earned item.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
RossDude said:
Well luckily I only lost my last 5 minutes of progress, which was simple to regain, so I'm not too mad about it. It sure could've sucked though.
Lucky!!! I cant believe it when I erase all of my data, or it shuts down and I never saved. Now I always save my progress after each little accomplishment.

There have been countless games that I have never playd again because the data was not saved.