• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bangladesh man 'admits' cutting off wife's fingers

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Source: BBC News

Human rights groups in Bangladesh have demanded a severe punishment for the husband of a young woman who allegedly cut off most of her right hand.
Police say Rafiqul Islam, 30, attacked her because she pursued higher education without his permission.
They say Mr Islam, a migrant worker, admitted to the crime shortly after returning home from the Gulf.
I have just read this and am once again horrified at how sick people can be, nevermind where it is done, nevermind the laws this man is sick and I really don't understand why anyone would do this.

"Doctors said my fingers could be re-attached within six hours but he refused to give them. After that time, another relative of my husband threw the fingers in a dustbin.
"We finally recovered them but it was too late," said Ms Akther, who is still recovering at her parents' house.
Excuse my language but the the fuck is that? Why on earth would someone do that? I really hope that this man is brought to justice over this, he has done something he can never take back to a women who did nothing wrong and this makes me angry.