Bandwidth

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by trees, Jul 14, 2005.

1. trees

trees Registered Member

HI, excuse me for being stupid when it comes to this, I have been looking at a lot of weird auctions and see so many people talking about running out of bandwidth, and having to buy more.......Could someone tell me what the heck it is and how you run out of it? I have realized that it makes the pics not show, how do you tell how much bandwidth that you have???????????
    Thanks for any help with this! :)

2. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

well this i know if you use photo bucket to help load pics in your auction , if you account excess the limit there you will see your auction with a banner where the pic was saying band with exceeded... it happen to me once.......... so this I know.... I just delte the pic when i am done with the auction so it don't take up room.......
    but there are other views to that too.................... and other bandwidth to with ebay......................... hope that helps a little..... anyone else have more to add?
    nani

3. trees

trees Registered Member

Thanks, but I am still lost! I just put my pics on right off of my pc, so I am not sure about any of it! I might not even have to worry about it! :) Just checking just in case! :) Thanks!

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transfered from your server to people's computers per second.

Bandwidth limit is how much data can be transfered total.

Running out of bandwidth really means reaching the bandwidth limit.

5. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

if you are using the regular tab on the listing details ...dont worry about it. Those are on the listing. Bandwidth is only needed when you use the HTML tab. It hosts pics, songs and moving stuff from another site.

If you think of your bandwidth as coins and each time a visitor clicks in, they take a coin...or 5 coins for a song maybe, you will eventually run out and have no more coins to give.

6. trees

trees Registered Member

Thanks for your help!
    me <<<<<<currently getting drunk> lol