Bands that completly change there sound.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Atreyu, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

2. Mason

Mason phawq

Porcupine tree, though they didn't completely change their sound, they now do metal as well as rock. They're metal sound's pretty good.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Metallica changed their sound and it was ok for a while then St Anger came out and it SUCKED! I am hoping they go back to their roots for their next Album.

Good Metallica

YouTube - Metallica-Master of Puppets original

YouTube - Metallica- One

then after the Black album we get Load & Reload (not bad once you got used to it) but it was a big change of their sound. Some good and some bad.

YouTube - Until it Sleeps - Metallica (Load, 1996)

And then there was St Anger.....Not even used CD stores will take this CD

YouTube - Metallica - St. Anger

So here is hoping that they go back to their original formula or something better.

4. synyst

synyst Registered Member

My favorite band that changed the most has to be atreyu.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  5. Zarathushtra

Zarathushtra Registered Member

Metallica has dissappointed me so much NightSurfer. Yet I still have some hope for the new album. St Anger could really be the worst album ever produced by anyone.

6. DMAC

DMAC Registered Member

Totally agree, there are lots of heavy metal bands that stay true to their name, like Motorhead they've never changed their sound.

7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I would say Coheed and Cambria have become a bit more metally in there 2 most recent albums. However they're songs had so much diversity in style from the beginning it's hard to completely notice. The newest album though definitely has more of a metal sound than any of their previous ones.

8. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  9. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

The Beatles. :lol:

Just compare the red, blue and white albums to see how they covered several musical genre during their time of making music together.

I liked them in all styles.