• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Bands "peak"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What song do you feel best represents the height of your favorite band's talent?

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
The consensus for U2 was their album, "The Joshua Tree." I won't argue, considering it has one of my favorite songs. For Queen, how do you even choose? I think that most would agree that it was possibly the song, "Bohemian Rhapsody." The Beatles... I won't even try to answer that one. And for Muse, as much as it sucks, probably when they did music for all of the Twilight movies. It's how I found out about them. (So sue me). =P

willge87

Registered Member
I think The Beatles peaked with Rubber Soul and Revolver, but that is just my personal opinion because I am only really a fan of a specific period of Beatles music that includes these two albums.

As for Queen, well, I guess Bohemian Rhapsody is their artistic peak and their most identifiable song. They continued to release good songs into the 1980's, but I am forced to agree with Misha on her point.

A tough one would be David Bowie because he arguably had two peaks with Space Oddity, but also had one with the Let's Dance album.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
The Red is Chevelle's best song by far to me.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
That's a real hard question to answer when you're talking about the King of Pop, but I'm going to go with Billie Jean for my favourite artist Michael Jackson. His first single album was no joke, but the thriller album reached the "sky is the limit" status for MJ. You also can't forget when he pulled off the moonwalk for the first time during his Billie Jean performance on Motown's 25th anniversary special.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
willge87 said:
I think The Beatles peaked with Rubber Soul and Revolver, but that is just my personal opinion because I am only really a fan of a specific period of Beatles music that includes these two albums.

As for Queen, well, I guess Bohemian Rhapsody is their artistic peak and their most identifiable song. They continued to release good songs into the 1980's, but I am forced to agree with Misha on her point.

A tough one would be David Bowie because he arguably had two peaks with Space Oddity, but also had one with the Let's Dance album.
I prefer the Beatles' drug-laden years, but can't pick a specific time when they peaked.

willge87

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
That's a real hard question to answer when you're talking about the King of Pop, but I'm going to go with Billie Jean for my favourite artist Michael Jackson. His first single album was no joke, but the thriller album reached the "sky is the limit" status for MJ. You also can't forget when he pulled off the moonwalk for the first time during his Billie Jean performance on Motown's 25th anniversary special.
Thriller is and always will be Michael Jackson's peak as an artist. You cannot argue with the tens of millions copies of that album that have been sold.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
willge87 said:
Dickey's Flow said:
Thriller is and always will be Michael Jackson's peak as an artist. You cannot argue with the tens of millions copies of that album that have been sold.
I think that I'd have to go with "Thriller" too.