• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Band Tattoos

Impact

V.I.P.
I always see and hear about people tattooing the logo of their favourite band on them, but I can't really imagine doing that myself. I would perhaps get one for my favourite band, but they would have to have been my favourite band for a good few years, and even then i'm not so sure i'd want their logo, more likely some of their lyrics or something. So, how about you, would you tattoo a band logo on you? Obviously this is a question for people who like/want/have tattoos, not for those of you who are against them in any capacity.

Bliss

Sally Twit
For the longest time I wanted to have a tattoo of the cover of Issues by Korn. I do still love the band but when I was a teen I was obsessed. I am glad I never went ahead!
I think if the music has influenced you your entire life then it would be a fitting tribute.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Yeah I can see certain circumstances which would be better than others. As you said, lyrics would be much more plausible than a band logo. For me (I won't get a tattoo but for the sake of this thread), I think it would be because I've loved the artwork of an album cover or something for years and think it'd look really awesome as a tattoo. Not just because I love the band.

Falconer

Registered Member
There is actually a band that I would get the logo of, but it's for the twofold reason that I both love the band (and they have influenced my life, I've made some great friends through them, I follow the lead singer on Facebook and genuinely like him as a person, etc) and they have a really cool logo. This is it -- I wouldn't get the words, no way, just the skull and cutlass/rotor blades part.

I don't know where I'd put it though, and I'm definitely planning to leave the idea simmering for a few months more -- probably a year or two -- before I go ahead. If I still want it then, I think I'll go ahead.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
A band tattoo isn't as bad as getting a girlfriend or boyfriend's name tattooed on you but I still wouldn't do it haha

I love the Beatles and they'll always be number one a tattoo? Nah. Of course I don't have any anyway and won't ever so maybe I'm not the best to respond here.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I plan on getting 5 tattoos and 3 if them have to do with 2 of my favorite bands/artist MANOWAR & HammerFall

The HF will be red and above the DIO's devil horns sign the other will have no background just that guy doing the viking salute

Attachments

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I cannot imagine putting Beatles logo as tattoo even though I know I will love that band forever. Much more for some favorite bands that come and go (or what if I love something more after and not put that band logo instead)? The only thing I can imagine getting a tattoo of is the Scorpio sign that looks like an M (nope not the Scorpions band).

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I probably wouldn't. If I did, it would be just because I think their logo looked cool enough for a tattoo...but I wouldn't get one solely based on the band. I'm more of a cosmetic gal when it comes to tats instead of the meaning behind them.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
That is the stupidest tattoo idea that ever can exist. A friend of mine's brother had Megadeth's logo tattooed ALL over his back. It's stupid.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Only if it's pretty generic. Bands I was totally all over in 2010 don't impress me as much as some bands I heard in 2011. I'm severely needle shy so the tats would need to be kind of small but there is a lot of really epic cover art I'd like to have tats of. :cool:
But I def don't want the name of a band I might not like as much someday.

Last edited: