Band rating

Discussion in 'Music' started by GreenFX, Oct 20, 2006.

1. GreenFX

GreenFX Guest

Okay(because I don't wanna make a thread for each band), this is where you type a band or artist, some background info, and your favorite song from them. Try not to repeat artists or bands. If someone posted before you (it could have been 5 posts before not just the one right before you) rate that band, only if you've heard of them and have heard a song from them. State why you hate or like them. For example:

(GreenFX)
    NOFX
    Punk political band with humorous lyrics (you can elaborate if you want)
    Fav. Song: Franco Un-American (list as many as you want)

(Somenobody)
    Green Day
    Sell Outs that make good music and wear mascara
    Fav. Song: Minority
    I rate NOFX (posted by GreenFX) a 4 out of 10, cuz their music has no feeling

So do you get it? Lemme start.

New Found Glory
    A punkish band that just released their new album "Coming Home"
    Fav. Song: It's Not Your Fault

2. As I lay Dying
    Love da hardcoreness
    fav. song: confined
    I rate NFG (posted by GReenFX) 6 out of 10 because i don't like emo music and they are emo

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

GreenDay
    They wear mascara, and now they don't and they have big sell outs
    Fave song :American Idiot

I rate As I lay Dying (Posted by truper krit09) 8/10 because I like the artists and they have awsome songs

4. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Psapp
    Very unique sound, lots of very interesting percussions, melodic voice and counterpoint.
    Favorite Song: Rear Moth

I rate Green Day a 5/10 (Socceroos)... they have a few good songs, but not enough to make them a good band, and all their new stuff just sucks and is extremely overplayed.

5. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

The Killers
    New unique sound for rock music, very catchy lyrics.
    Favorite Songs: All these things that i've done, Mr. Brightside, Bones, Sam's Town

I rate Green Day (9/10) one of my favorite bands, they've been getting alot of crap lately as sell outs, however whenever any band because big and popular they become "sell outs". Love their guitar rifts. Dookie one of the best CD's ever.

6. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Rage Against the Machine

I don't even know how to describe them... they just have sweet rock music.
    Fav Songs: Testify, Sleep Now in the Fire, Calm Like a Bomb, Bulls on Parade

The Killers - 8/10 I like them, there songs get old fast for me though. All their hit songs have been good.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Rob Zombie
    Screaming industrial, done by the former lead singer of White Zombie. Favorite topics include fast cars and demons.
    Favorite song: Superbeast

I rate Rage Against the Machine an 8.75/10. Most of their music is great, but occasionally they just don't hit the right chord with their subject matter.

Forbidden: their genre is punk/rapcore.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Cold
    Grunge/Alternative
    Great lyrics and vocals from lead singer Scooter Ward. The tone of the music is pretty dark, even though the newest CD is a bit more upbeat. Many people claim to have been saved by Cold's music.

Rob Zombie gets a 10/10. His songs are badass and really get me going. From his creepier stuff on Educated Horses like "Death of it All" and "Devil's Rejects" to his more metal anthem-like stuff like "Superbeast," "Feel So Numb," and "Supercharger Heaven" Zombie is a true master of metal.