Band Hero

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Xeilo, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I went to the shops yesterday to try and buy guitar hero band set for my brother, but they don't seem to sell them anymore, because band hero is coming out. They told me its basically the same thing they just fixed a few problems and changed the name. I am just wondering if I will still be able to play the old guitar hero games with the new stuff. Because the game that comes with it seems to have a lot of shit songs.

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Google is your friend

Compatibility Chart

I'm taking by that last column that band hero gear is pretty much compatible with all the games. But read it yourself

3. Xeilo

Yeah looks like its good to have a PS3 :p, I might have to get my own as well for back up in Darwin haha.

4. Impact

It doesn't really matter for the xbox either, but sucks for Wii. Also, they're still selling guitar hero band sets here. Although they're probably just old left over ones that didn't sell.

5. Xeilo

Yeah they must of had a sale here to get rid of them because band hero is out next week, so at least I don't have to wait that long.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I heard Rock Band was better than Band Hero, in any case I've tried to play it repeatedly and have discovered that I have bad hand-eye coordination i.e. I suck at it.

7. Xeilo

I ended up getting it for my brother and when he was playing it they have improved the drums I have noticed a lot, but the new game that comes with it is very shit, and the notes are hard to see compared to the older ones.

8. Impact

What have they done to improve them? I hated the drums for Guitar Hero, mainly the foot pedal because i'm so short I literally have to stand up to tap it, which doesn't work for songs with double bass in them!

9. Xeilo

[​IMG]

Well the previous ones used to get sensitivity problems with the symbols and that seems to be fixed, and the pedal is the main one for me, because the old one used to move around a bit for me. With this one they made some grooves in it so you can have it over the bar at the bottom of the frame which doesn't let it move around and is more stable. Also the frame of the drums is a light metal so it wont break as easy. And the stick holder has been moved to the side were they have a hole were they sit in, almost like the DS or a phone with the pen you get with them.