Band-Aids & Plasters (Adhesive Bandages)

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What is your opinion on Band-Aids.

I know it probably sounds goofy, like "Band Aids? Are you serious? What kinda crack are you smoking today?". But hear me out, I'm not much of a Band-Aid person at all. I just dont use 'em, today however I was sort of forced to or just be miserable.

I bought a new pair of shoes earlier last week and they rub right on my Achilles, which sucks 'cause it blisters up and is just miserable. So Today for my Tennis class I stuck a Band-Aid on it to help keep from blistering up again. But the funny thing was, its probably the first Band-Aid I've used in about 12 years.

So how about you? Are you a frequent Band Aid user? Or do you hardly ever use them?

Jeru

Registered Member
Haaaaaa okay get this
Its been like twelve years since i used one but the other day i burned my hand on the stove. I had to put a band-aid on it when i went to play tennis because i could not grip my racquet without it hurting and i wasnt about to lose because of that

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I think the last time i used them was a few months ago cause i had a nasty blister on my foot; i've got some awesome pirate ones :D

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I use the band aids on a small deep wounds for protection against knocking it, not for any other reason, really.
If I cut my fingers, no matter how small or superficial the wound is I'll put a band aid on, cause when a sauce touches an open wound, as small as it is, it is very painful.

Bliss

Sally Twit
They're called plasters!!

I use them when I need to. They irritate me at times but I'd rather that than bleeding everywhere.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
They're called plasters!!
I cant say I'd ever heard that name for 'em. I'd heard "Adhesive Bandages" and even "Elasto-Plasts" in the past...lol but plasters? Although that sort of makes sense in the Plasts part of Elasto-Plasts :hah:

But 'round these parts its Band-Aids ;) However I'll change the title just in case you wacky UK'ers didnt get it.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I must be a wacky a UKer cause I always call them plasters,lol.
I have a cupboard draw full of the things because of the kids, even the tiniest graze needs a plaster or they think that particuler part of there body will fall off!.

I cant remember the last time I used a plaster though, not a real one anyway, make shift ones out of gaffer tape, electrical tape even masking tape have all used by me in the past.
I have yet to find a plaster that is any good for when you working, if you cut the end of your finger and put a plaster on it but keep working they just seem to come loose, tape works better.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I think the last time i used them was a few months ago cause i had a nasty blister on my foot; i've got some awesome pirate ones :D
Oh, i lied. Last time i used one a got a blister on my finger at work from folding boxes and it popped; i had to have one of those blue ones on.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I go through tons of them because my daughter thinks (as all kids do) that they make the pain go away. She's always wanting one on this cut or another.

I use them for myself if I get a bad papercut that needs protection, or if I get blisters on my heel/achilles