Ban Petition

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Corona, Mar 7, 2007.

?

Petitions?

1. Yes, I hate so many people lets vote them off!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, you're an idiot.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I'm not even going to bother putting this in the feedback forum, I know it wouldn't fly. But I think it's an entertaining proposition, so here in subtalk we can all laugh about it.

It would be awesome if we could start petitions to get members banned. Spammers. Flamers. All gone. A certain number of signatures and BAM! your ass is gone.

I wish...

2. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Hmm....someone has to be REALLY bad in order to have a petition against them. But to me a petition wouldn't seem right unless they had countless offences and complaints which rarely anyone gets and if their spammers their usually banned on the spot after maybe 10 of their posts >.>

But hey if it ever comes to it, I'll be 50/50 on the petition thing. Sometimes a bad member must be known, but I treat all with respect^^

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

It's all about the fun, and sounds like a good time to me!!

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

A flat-out and concrete no, regardless of what the rest of the moderator community says.

Why? Because people could be banned for things that aren't that severe, but they would be banned because they were unpopular. I have no doubt that had we done this InTheNet would have been banned long before he did what he did to get banned.

We've implemented the infraction system so spammers and flamers will get banned after a certain, just amount of rule violations. It's worked well, and has banned all those that have deserved it. Under the system, flamers and spammers are banned anyways, so why use a petition system to do it? That's redundant.

5. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Power to the people. Also, a moderator would be the only one allowed to start the petition.

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

No,

If a member feels like someone NEEDS to be banned, they can PM the admin or the mod with a GOOD reason why should the other member be banned.

It's easy and simple.

7. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

That's kind of like abuse of power. A mod starting one because they don't like the member? That would show bad judgement and power of position to other members >.>

8. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Ok so 15 members get together, and make the proposal to a mod, he checks with the other mods/admins, then the petition is open.

And you just said no because Kaz did, Alex.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

He did me? When?

10. No that's what the Admins and moderators are for.