• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Baltimore signed Ubaldo Jimenez

VJ_Sportsgeek

Orioles have decided to sign pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez for 4 years $48 mil. Interesting stuff with good slider. Hasnt been a factor in the AL so far but can turn it around. Was on Jays radar throughout the off-season, only to find their division rivals pick him up. Thoughts?

lunn3r

Absolute horseradish that the Jays didn't get this guy signed, or any pitcher this offseason, now he goes to Baltimore, to add a productive/inning eater arm to their rotation, the last thing we need is to let a strong division rival beef up their rotation. 0.75 ERA against us in 2 starts last year with one earned run allowed in 12 innings of work against us, no clue how we cant get an arm on this team.

Ultimately-

Good for Baltimore
Bad for Toronto

VJ_Sportsgeek

idk bud cuz its somewhat a risky investment in my opinion. And in Toronto's POV, they have Drabek and Hutchinson coming back. Im not saying their gunna be aces, but we kinda have to wait and see how they turn out, cuz before their injuries they were exceptional.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
So frustrated right now and it's not even funny. Does Anthopolous realize that not adding an arm to the rotation hurts but Jiminez going to a division rival hurts even more?!? This team will need to rely on their young arms or Happ and Redmond. If they're throwing the season away(seems like they're) they should put Drabek and Hutchinson in there. Like ughh, why do I even bother with this team?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not that pissed they didn't get Jiminez I'm not a fan of his to be honest. I'm just pissed that he's gone to the AL East like Dickey's Flow mentioned. That's now two highly touted free agent pitchers that have signed with the AL East. Jays, still no moves. At this rate they'll extremely overpay for Santana.

StroShow

V.I.P.
And the plot thickens as the Alex Anthopolous didn't make an offer.

“@Buster_ESPN: O's went to 4th year in their talks w/Jimenez out of concern BOS and/or TOR would go for three-year deal. But TOR/BOS didn't make offers.”

VJ_Sportsgeek

But guys the fact that the O's landed Jimenez isnt the Jays fault. Its not like teams can vote on where players should land. It was a 50/50 chance between the O's and M's and i guessed it just worked out. I understand everyones frustrated with AA not doing anything, but realistically speaking his playing his cards well in terms of financials

StroShow

V.I.P.
No the fact is that Alex Anthopolous said he'll look into boosting his starting rotation and with him not offering anything to anyone it can be added to their long lists of lies.

Sabby

Dickey's Flow said:
No the fact is that Alex Anthopolous said he'll look into boosting his starting rotation and with him not offering anything to anyone, it can be added to their long lists of lies.
Exactly, don't throw around these vague promises to do something and not deliver. I don't care that he wasn't singed, but to make no offer when a divisional rival is involved is pure stupidity.

VJ_Sportsgeek

AA came out and said he'd "look" into it. It wasnt a promise that he'd go out and sign 2 class A pitchers, he just stated that he'd view both the trade and free agency markets to see if anything comes up. And guys, the media around us has evolved. I understand all these reports sayin AA hasnt offered blank, or talked to blank, but at the end of the day, its only AA and fellow agents who know what he has done. Whos to say AA had offered the exact same price as the O's did for Jimenez, and yet Jimenez declined for the O's. Whos to say AA made an offer to Burnett, yet Burnett declined so he can stay close to his house. And we go to the Samardzija talk, apparently the Cubs asked for BOTH Stroman and Sanchez. For Samardzija..... So again, im not sayin that what you guys are saying is right. I 100% understand where your coming from, but at this moment, its hard to dictate whats exactly going on you know. With the way the medias evolved, its something that we cant really tell