• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Baltimore Cops charged but will it stick?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Newsmax said:
Baltimore's top prosecutor acted swiftly, charging six officers in the death of Freddie Gray, who suffered a grave spinal injury as he was arrested and put into a police transport van, handcuffed and without a seat belt.

But getting a jury to convict police officers of murder and manslaughter will be far harder than obtaining arrest warrants.
Experts: Convictions Will be Tough to Win in Baltimore Case

Legal experts think it is unlikely they will get a conviction, at least for murder or manslaughter, against these cops based on the evidence.

I think they are probably right and if they can't things will get crazy nation wide. Which if they aren't guilty of murder they shouldn't be found guilty just to appease people no matter what kind of damage they may do.

Think they will get a conviction? Do you think they charged these cops too quickly? Thoughts?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Handcuffed and no seat belt? Maybe not manslaughter, but at least negligence or something. I mean, come on, no seatbelt?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree they should be found guilty of something. I doubt this guy killed himself but murder or manslaughter may be extremely hard to prove if not impossible. I'll be very surprised if any of them are found guilty of murder.