Baker fined for discrimination

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Ralph Lauren? The bland, uncomfortable, aweful color combination, standard, boring, unappealing, overpriced, robotic fashion? That's what you're going with? That's what you believe other American's relate to....?
Overpriced? I won't go as far as "cheap" so maybe "economical"? And no, not what I go with but perfect for politicians. Armani or Prada would probaly be over the top.
Btw, bland, boring, unappealing, overpriced, and robotic sounds exactly like most politicians.
I mean, we are talking about dressing the 1st lady, not Justin Bieber.

Anyways, once again, this is being side tracked by those who wish to spout ridiculous political nonsense over a matter that was boiled down to the law of the country and even the state. Nothing political, just a basic law that is used to protect its citizens was broken and said family company was fined.

~Shwa
Read Plato or Sun Tzu much? I could toss a few more. Politics is only an extension of the human condition.
So yeah, the bakery issue may be a page out of Marx or fodder for Dostoyevsky but the Theallet issue is also discrimination and an obvious political tool. Race, creed... Creed is a system of beliefs that guides someone's actions and that includes both conservatives and republicans. Theallet is violating that law by judging on the basis of creed. Anti-discrimination laws cover for race, creed, and sexual orientation.

We're all okay with the Muslim bakery refusing to bake cakes for Christians, right? Or the gay baker refusing to bake for straight people? Or white for blacks?

Right?

We're all okay with all that, right?

We're all okay with the Muslim bakery refusing to bake cakes for Christians, right? Or the gay baker refusing to bake for straight people? Or white for blacks?

Right?

We're all okay with all that, right?
Yeah absolutely. With exceptions for racial and the handicapped. There are laws against that which were put in place for good reason.

Impaired

Registered Member
Yeah absolutely. With exceptions for racial and the handicapped. There are laws against that which were put in place for good reason.
Sorry to burst your bigoted bubble.

It is against the law to discriminate against you because of your religion or belief. This applies:

when you buy or use goods and services

• at work
  • in education
  • in housing.

Sorry to burst your bigoted bubble.

It is against the law to discriminate against you because of your religion or belief. This applies:

when you buy or use goods and services

• at work
  • in education
  • in housing.
I have no idea how you get I'm a bigot. I just said I'd have no problem with a Muslim baker who refused to make me a Christian themed cake because of his religious objections. Well I didn't think I had to spell that our but I guess I did.

What does it make you that you'd walk in and demand a Muslim to make a cake for me that has John 14:6 on it? I mean if I ever decided to be a complete jerk like the girl that is harassing this baker, I appreciate that you'd stand up for me, but I'm not going to be doing that so it's ok.

I have no idea how you get I'm a bigot. I just said I'd have no problem with a Muslim baker who refused to make me a Christian themed cake because of his religious objections. Well I didn't think I had to spell that our but I guess I did.

What does it make you that you'd walk in and demand a Muslim to make a cake for me that has John 14:6 on it? I mean if I ever decided to be a complete jerk like the girl that is harassing this baker, I appreciate that you'd stand up for me, but I'm not going to be doing that so it's ok.
Sorry, I was having a bad day. I try not to do that.

I apologize.