Bagged Lunches

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
When you go to work or school, what do you pack to eat? Any special packs you wanna share?

I'm going to try to pack healthier lunches this year and was wondering if anyone had any tastey ideas?

I bring bagged lunches to work and all my co-workers are like "Whoa, that's weird." and "If I had the time to do that, I would...". I'm like "WTF is that suppose to mean... :\" Even though we have a microwave at work and I can use that, I still prefer to bring my own. It saves money, I like what I pack and it gives me an excuse to go outside and NOT eat with my fellow co-workers. :p

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
When you go to work or school, what do you pack to eat? Any special packs you wanna share?
The rare times I actually stick around at work on my lunch break I take either sandwiches or a salad of some sort. For snacks throughout the day, I just take a piece of fruit or a muesli bar or some home baking.

I'm going to try to pack healthier lunches this year and was wondering if anyone had any tastey ideas?
Make sandwiches with you favourite fillings, and rather than take chocolate or a bag of chips to munch on, make extra sandwiches. That's what I did when I was trying to lose weight my last year of school and it helped. Also, don't put tomato in them as the bread goes all soggy. Also try salads, either pasta salads or the leafy types.

Blueyes

Registered Member
If I get to the grocery store on the weekend I usually always get enough to pack lunches for work. Mostly yogurt, fruits, cottage cheese with tomatoes...and for breakfast usually a bologna/cheese sandwich. I always try to buy the big canisters of nut mix but sometimes just get some yogurt covered pretzels at work.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like to change it up, some days I'll make cold meat sandwhiches, sometimes I'll bring frozen pizza or pogo's(corn dogs) I rarely go to the cafeteria, because it gets to expensive at the end of the week.

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
I don't have easy access to a fridge at work, so if I bring a sandwich, it's going to be peanut butter (sometimes with jelly or honey). If I want something warm, I'll bring one of those microwavable pasta, rice, or soup cups to heat up at work. I also bring a couple of pieces of fruit every day and a bottle of water. Nuts, pretzels, granola bars, crackers, raisins or mini bagels are sometimes thrown in there as well.