• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bad Thing Happen When You Were A Child??

Dabs

Registered Member
Can you remember anything awfully bad that happened to you when you were a child??
Something that sticks to your mind, and won't ever shake loose??
I was an abused child, by my SF.......but there's this one instance, and it bothers me so, because I see it happening with children every day, to this day.....it has to do with children becoming car sick~
I got car sick when I was a small girl...all the time!
Goodness, you would think my Dad would have learned to take a puke sack or something, because it never failed, if we drove over 5 miles, I was gonna be puking.
And we traveled all over the United States......every year...constantly.
I just wanted to lie down in the back seat and go to sleep and hopefully when I woke up, we'd be there!
Well, my Dad was also big on getting a new car every year, one year it was a Cadillac...ugly thing now.
But, I would lie down, and try and sleep and try not to get sick.
One time we were driving down the interstate, and I felt the hurling......my stomach was gurgling, I was gonna puke...so I yelled at my Dad to stop...which he did, he didn't want his car full of upchuck.......but, I didn't make it.
I puked all over the seats, the floor mats, myself.
*Ick*
So, he told me to get out.....and I knew it was so they could clean up.
But this time, he drove off!
He left me there, standing beside the road!
I remember crying and watching as my Mother fought with him.....and the car driving away.
It is vivid, but yet, I don't recall long parts of it......he eventually turned around of course....and he was bitching as he cleaned up, or made Mother clean it up.
He wasn't worried about me or my clothes.
Some days, I wonder if Mother hadn't of been there, if he would have even came back!
But, I rarely went anywhere with him by ourselves....so, I guess that answers that question.
That was horrifying to me.........I was about in the 3rd grade.
And one of my sons gets car sick to this day, and he's 29....and he got car sick as a young child.
And lots of people tell me their children get car sick...it's just a motion sickness thing....thank goodness most children have decent parents.
So, anything really bad stick out that happened in your childhood??

Last edited:

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
I had Cancer when I was 3 years old. A brain tumor.
My parents first noticed that i was tripping over my feet, like more than usual.
They took me to the doctor and took an X-ray of my leg, nothing wrong. So my doctor right away said to go to a larger hospital. I had an MRI. Sure enough, a big nasty mass in the left lobe of my brain. They immediatel ammited me to the hospital, giving me all these drugs to help fight it off and shrink it. I don't remember how long I was in the hospital, several months at best. So then I had two surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation. When the doctors were operating, the saw this mass was invading my right side nerve center. So they had to cut out a part of it. I am now left with a weak right side. Can't move my right fingers, wrist, toes nor heal. I also have hearing loss (radiation) and slight slawed speech. Through the years, I've learned to live with my disabilities, and can do many things, but in a different way.
So, I have been cancer free for 22 years. :)

Thank god I don't remember it, or I'd probably wet my pants thinking about it. :shifteyes:

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
I had Cancer when I was 3 years old. A brain tumor.
My parents first noticed that i was tripping over my feet, like more than usual.
They took me to the doctor and took an X-ray of my leg, nothing wrong. So my doctor right away said to go to a larger hospital. I had an MRI. Sure enough, a big nasty mass in the left lobe of my brain. They immediatel ammited me to the hospital, giving me all these drugs to help fight it off and shrink it. I don't remember how long I was in the hospital, several months at best. So then I had two surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation. When the doctors were operating, the saw this mass was invading my right side nerve center. So they had to cut out a part of it. I am now left with a weak right side. Can't move my right fingers, wrist, toes nor heal. I also have hearing loss (radiation) and slight slawed speech. Through the years, I've learned to live with my disabilities, and can do many things, but in a different way.
So, I have been cancer free for 22 years. :)

Thank god I don't remember it, or I'd probably wet my pants thinking about it. :shifteyes:

Altho I'm sorry this happened to you, I am very happy to see you are a cancer survivor!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I certainly cannot top the other stories but I'll give one of my own...

I was in Boy Scouts up until I was around 12 years old and every year we'd go camping with the other scouts and their Dads. It was called, "The Dad and Lad Camp-out." I was probably 9 or 10 years old (maybe younger) and the place we were camping was a place called, "Johnson Shut-Ins." Picture below to give you an idea of what kind place we were swimming at.

http://parks.missouri.org/Shut-Ins.jpg

Anyways, I went down stream of water on the rocks and was going really fast and went flying in the air and hit my head on one of the rocks. All I remember from there was sinking in the water (it was deep enough where I couldn't stand at that point) and looking up at the sky and seeing the sun above me as I sunk towards the bottom...I couldn't move. Well thankfully someone grabbed me and pulled me up to safety or who knows what would have happened. I was so shocked from hitting my head that I couldn't really move...I don't know if I would have been able to pull my head above water or not if this guy wouldn't have come and gotten me.

So yeah, that sucked. My Dad was elsewhere when it happened...I never really told him how serious it could have been. But I thank that man who saved me...I didn't even know who he was.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
A very scary experience Millz.......the outcome could have been much worse....kudos to your hero!

Pocketfizz

Registered Member
I remember playing outside and while I was running I fell and a huge stick went straight threw my hand. I can still feel the pain of it now.

I also was sent in to hospital for a few weeks as my kidneys started failing it was terrifying having tubes stuck everywhere and not being able to move. :(

my childhood was so traumatizing that i cant remember it. like at all....... period...... even a tiny bit..... i need therapy if i want to remember it but i'm not sure that i do