Bad dubs

Vegito728

Registered Member
What animes have you seen with bad dubs?

Guyver(ADV): I had high hopes for this series(Loving the original when I was a kid and still do) but ADV dropped the ball. The dub was HORRIBLE!

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
For some reason after 10 years they changed the pokemon actors...wierd...

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
For some reason after 10 years they changed the pokemon actors...wierd...
Probably the actors felt they werent being paid enough or they moved on to a new job.

I bet you it was contracting/liscencing issues.

I noticed for dubs usually actors stay with a series the whole way through rarely is there a change unless its for the above mentioned reasons.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
One Piece is the worst I've seen. The voices for the most part suck, and... there's a lot to say about the terrible dub. I think what bothered me the most was how they threw in terribly unfunny jokes everywhere. They pretty much changed every character's lines as well and gave Sanji a lollipop instead of a cigarette. Not forgetting to mention that the marines have water guns instead of guns. (which is probably the stupidest thing they could ever do... military people having water guns? My god, kids know better then that!) Also, they took out the good music. Yeah, the opening they put in really sucks, and they took out all of the good songs that play during the anime itself and put in crappy music. >_>

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
One Piece is the worst I've seen. The voices for the most part suck, and... there's a lot to say about the terrible dub. I think what bothered me the most was how they threw in terribly unfunny jokes everywhere. They pretty much changed every character's lines as well and gave Sanji a lollipop instead of a cigarette. Not forgetting to mention that the marines have water guns instead of guns. (which is probably the stupidest thing they could ever do... military people having water guns? My god, kids know better then that!) Also, they took out the good music. Yeah, the opening they put in really sucks, and they took out all of the good songs that play during the anime itself and put in crappy music. >_>
They made other stuff retarded. They changed a whale into an ice berg, skipped like 4 arcs, left a billion plot holes, and in the dub when helmeppo threatened to kill Koby, they changed his gun into a HAMMER ATTACHED TO A SPRING! now THATS stupid.