• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bad Casting Choices

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Man... :eek:hwell: I was just watching that new reality show "The Real Gilligan's Island" on TBS, and in their very first competition they had to let one of the older two people go because he fell down during the competition and had some "health problems". Funny thing is, they didn't even clearly state what exactly the health problem was. It looked like a heart attack of some type, but it didn't appear to be that painful and he survived what appeared to be the "long wait" while the medical staff arrived. It made no sense. Was the guy really hurt or was it not that bad? It couldn't have been staged because if it was, then they just wasted one perfectly good competitor. I just can't believe that the directors would cast someone with such poor health to begin with. You would think that they would check for these kinds of things and put the people through a semi-rigorous physical so that even the old guys could hang with the rest. I mean seriously, does the words "fatality risk" mean nothing to the casting crew? Honestly. Somebody should have eliminated the possibility of this happening. Can't believe it.

EDIT:

Well it's over now. That was a short-ass reality show. And they're actually advertising for a second one calling it "The Real Gilligan's Island 2". Man, when are they going to stop cranking these damned things out?

carebear

Registered Member
Some reality shows I like, like The Apprentice (Trump should stop the voice overs), Biggest Loser and Fear Factor (I don't watch FF that much anymore, but I like it). I know all these shows are on NBC, but the other reality shows just look to stupid for me.

carebear

Registered Member
Just because I watch a few DOESN'T MEAN I WATCH ALL OF THEM. The TV execs apparently don't know when too far is too far.

Sword_Hunter

Registered Member
I think sam is right

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Well it's not that simple. Even if a good number of people don't watch them, there will still be enough douches out there to keep these things going. All these people who produce this crap really need is enough of a fanbase to make the show last. Most shows (such as The Real Gilligan's Island) are short enough to take advantage of those people before the series gets stale. Thus they survive, and the epidemic continues.