Movies Bad actors that make entertaining movies

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's been a bunch of bad actors that have made good movies in the past. Here's a few.

Jean Claude Van Damme
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Steven Seagal
    Sylvester Stallone
    Chuck Norris.

There's also a few more, if you can think of some dont be shy to name them.

Now my question is this, I am pretty sure you we can all agree that these are bad actors. But I was wondering if you find their action movies entertaining?

I personally love them, theres so many I cannot name them all, like I said they are not good actors but the movies they make are extremely entertaining. They are filled with action, and they leave you on the edge of your seat in my opinion.

What are your thoughts?

2. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

The only one (besides what you mentioned) I can think of is Ben Stiller. A lot of people, though I disagree, say he is a bad actor, but I love his movies.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  3. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Jhonny Depp. The Pirates films were good yet Depp just hamed it.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well BR it's because a lot of those actors were in movies with great action or hot women to distract the audience. Not to mention, no one watches a Steven Segal movie saying, "Damn he's convincing".

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I think Keanu Reeves is a horrible actor, but I have enjoyed a few of his movies.

And yes, I did enjoy some of the ones you mentioned as well. I used to have the entire Rocky collection.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I thought of Arnold too. I used to think Jim Carey was a bad actor with just famous movies until I saw him able to act in less stereotyped roles for him.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I believe Jim Carrey is a good acotr, he can play all kinds of different roles, same thing with Robin William, they are known to be comedians, but if they need to act seriously they can get the job done.

Keanue is a bad actor, I have to agree with you, but I can only think of two good movies he made. The Replacements and Speed.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I quite enjoyed the Matrix movies.

9. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I was of the same opinion about Jim Carey. He's a great slapstick comedian, but until I saw him in movies like the number 23 and a few other serious movies, I didn't think of him as a good actor, just one I enjoyed. I guess Robin Williams falls under that genre, and Adam Sandler as well. I used to think he was dumb, but once again, he proved that he could do more serious movies.

lol I just watched a Shwarzeneggar movie. True Lies. I have to say, his acting ability in that movie wasn't that bad.

10. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

God, Arnold can be awesome. I loved the movie Twins, which wasn't an action movie.
    But still, Arnold isn't the best actor either.