Backstage Reaction to poor Impact rating

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...t-rating-98147

I think we're all in agreement TNA should have known this was going to happen and that its a work in progress.

To expect a huge ratings war right away is very naive on their part.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I know this isn't a big deal, but I think it may have been because they went to a normal ring that it actually as low as it was.

I don't know about you guys, but what interested me so much about TNA was ring. When I turned it on last Monday, I said to my girlfriends mom, I can't watch it with a normal ring. They had all the big name stars, but not what got them known.

I know its stupid, but its just my opinion.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I totally agree with your sentiments Millz, did they actually believe they could compete with the WWE? I still think it was a stupid mistake competing against Raw and it might cost them in the future.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

First person I've heard say that, Bob. Very interesting.

Seems most people hated the 6 sided ring. Cool to see an differing point of view on that.

They definitely rushed into it! I dont know if its Bischoff's ego or if its Hogan's ego but my God they take over and think its WCW in 1996 all over again. Well guess what, its not.

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I just loved the different things they did with it.. but like I said, its probably not as big a deal that I think.

They need to work on who should be face and who should be heel. There's some people who you see as one and just go, I can't see it. A.J. Styles IMO is just a horrible heel. You can pick each person in TNA and compare him to someone in the WWE, which is what TNAs been trying to do, but denying it. That's a big turn off too.

I believe people see it like, they want to match character to character. Styles is there version of Orton, but the heel switch IMO isn't working the same way. Keep Christopher Daniels off the mic, because that was a huge headache for me.

6. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Personally i didn't think the rating of 1.0 was all that bad. That's pretty much what they got on a thursday without competing with RAW, so to get that competing with WWE during the road to Wrestlemania shows that they have still made a lot of progress!

Plus when you consider that the got a combined rating of 1.9 when you include the Thursday show, that's a lot of people watching last week's iMPACT! (though i know a lot of those would have been repeat viewings, they still got a big audience)

I do think it would have been better if they went live on Thursdays for now before switching to Mondays though. They really could have built up a good audience.