back to the leather ball

N

NETSFAN3526

i dont see how u can just switch in the middle of the season plus if ur the comish this sucks becuase u made the choice to change to this ball now ur switching back

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Can believe that Stern crumbled like that, thought he was sure it was what was best for the NBA guess he was wrong. He should have stuck to his guns now imagine what else they could get him to change.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I knew it was going to happen, but I never thought it was going to happen this season, I thought they would of made the decision to go back to the old ball during the off-season. I guess complaining from major stars worked, because they didn't stick to what they probably spend a lot of time and money to change the ball.

H

HitBattousai

Since the old ball was reportedly cutting players' hands, a switch needed to be made, and the players union filed a complaint to the league offices about the ball. That said, supposedly shooting percentages are up with the new ball(though it's only a short sample time) so I wonder if it'll stay that way when the old one comes back.

K

Kidd

I personally think it is a smart move. They should of done it earlier because many players are used to the new ball, but the change is needed. When you have players like Kidd and Nash complaining, then you know the ball isn't gonna work.