Back from the OR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iggyshotthebear, May 25, 2005.

1. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Just got back from the hospital with my daughter.
    She had her adnoids removed yesterday and what was supposed to be a 20 minute surgery turned into a 24 hour scary ordeal.

Her adnoids were about 6x the normal size for someone her age and she had an artery leading to them. The doctors brought her out of surgery and said that she was still bleeding a little but not to worry, that it would stop.
    An hour and a half later, Chrysta was still bleeding from her nose and it was progressively getting worse. They called the surgeon back in. Had to put Chrysta back under anesthesia and cauterize the artery again.

We were transferred over to the hospital for observation and things look good now. Though they are looking into a common blood disorder that my daughter may have. Von Willerbrands Disease. Soo, we're home and she's all laid out on the couch relaxin and watchin tv.

Our trip to Florida has been cancelled *sigh* for now. We'll be going back and forth to the ENT and the Hematologist for a while to have some tests run and for checkups. All in all she lost a unit of blood for someone her size but no transfusion was needed *WOOOT*

What's kinda weird... tonyspoker had pmed me a few days ago about something very similiar that happened to her and I thought "Nahhh couldnt happen to my kid" lol

If you won an auction from me, it will be shipping out today or tomorrow. :)

2. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Awww so sorry to hear that a simple thing turned into a nightmare. Poor kid!!! (Mom too)!

Also sorry about the trip but there is always later.

Mom hope you stocked up on lots of ice cream! Hear that is great for blood loss :) Big hugs to your daughter!

3. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Awww I"m sorry to hear about that ordeal too! Stuff like that is really scarey and you NEVER think its going to happen to you!! I hope she gets to feeling better soon!!

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Poor little thing..how old is she? I know how scary it can be when your kids are in that situation...been there! Nothing worse than feeling useless and watching others take care of your child.

5. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

So sorry it wasn't easier...always hard for moms when there babies get hurt... Hope she's feeling better soon... If shes as bright as her momma she'll have you back and forth to the freezer lots! "Mommy can I have a sundae for dinner?"

6. kyrie

kyrie Registered Member

I always thought that if you got a lot of strep throat and tonsilitis they took out your tonsils? I guess I heard wrong!?! Drs. always seem to change their mind all the time anyways so who knows.

I hope your daughter feels better soon Iggy.

7. iggyshotthebear

Thank you all for the concern :)

We are headin back to the ER here in a few (as soon as Daddy can get back from work cause ambulance will charge 1k just for a 20 minute ride). She has a fever and a severe headache... *sigh* Nothins easy with this one lol

8. momtobrenna

momtobrenna Registered Member

Oh my goodness. Good that you're gettin' her back to the ER. Hope everything goes OK. Let us know.

9. iggyshotthebear

Daddy still not home from work :-L *grumble*

10. momtobrenna

momtobrenna Registered Member

did you guys make it to the ER last night? how did it go?