• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bachelor's Parties

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
What do you think of them?

If you're a dude:

1. Will you have one before your wedding? (Or if married already, did you have one?)
2. Have you attended these parties? Did you enjoy them? Were the details of the party better left unsaid to the bride (or her friends)?
3. If your partner doesn't want you to have one, would you still have it or convince her to be ok with it?

If you're a dudette:

1. How do you feel if you know your fiancé will have a bachelor's party?
2. Would you want to know the details of the party?
3. How much can your partner convince you to change your mind about bachelor's parties (if you're against it)?

Impact

V.I.P.
If you're a dudette:

3. How much can your partner convince you to change your mind about bachelor's parties (if you're against it)?
1. I would be perfectly happy with it. It seems to have been ingrained into society as a tradition of marriage as much as the the fairytale white wedding in a church.

2. I wouldn't want to know details. I'd assume there would be strippers, lots of drinking and flirting, but so be it. Isn't it meant to be a farewell to the single life?

3. N/A

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
1. Will you have one before your wedding?

I guess that would be up to the best man and whether or not he wants to throw one for me. I would not be against it.

2. Have you attended these parties? Did you enjoy them? Were the details of the party better left unsaid to the bride (or her friends)?

Only the first part of the parties which consisted of going out to dinner. For my cousin's wedding I was too young to go out after dinner. And for my brother in law's wedding I chose to skip the wild part of the party since I didn't know anyone there anyway. I think whatever happens is best left unsaid to the bride and her friends.

3. If your partner doesn't want you to have one, would you still have it or convince her to be ok with it?

I suppose I would respect her opinion and not have one if she was that worried about it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I plan to have one when before I get married, I'll leave my friends decide what to do, so it's more of a surprise. I'm sure whatever they choose it will be a blast that I won't remember the next day.

I've attended a few, they were a blast. He had nothing to hide.

I would still have one, but would try to convince her to have one for herself as well.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
i've never had/been in a bachelor's party but i don't know how far engaged people go?
i've heard in such parties, partners can kiss the stripper or touch her or even have sex with her ... and i don't think that's normal...
[it's the same for girls-they got laid by the stripper men].

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
What do you think of them?

If you're a dudette:

1. I'd be jealous (fake jealous). But then I know it's not like he's going to fall in love or have an affair with whoever stripper he ends up presented with that night.

2. Yes. I already expect some basic "awkward" things like him getting a lapdance, maybe a bj or other physical stuff. I dunno, I'd rather know the details than wonder what happened. Maybe the details are not as bad as my imagination.

3. n/A

Wade8813

Registered Member
The closest thing to a bachelor party I've been to was when I went to my friends wedding a few months ago. It was kind of a combination bachelor party/birthday for one of the other groomsmen, but it was pretty tame. We went to a bar, but the birthday boy was the only one who drank (and he wasn't allowed to get drunk because the wedding was the next day). The groom to be and I just caught up, since we hadn't seen each other in a while.

If I do get married, any sort of bachelor party I'd have would probably also be fairly tame. I have no interest in doing something stupid just because it's supposedly my last chance to do it.

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
If you're a dudette:

1. Cool with it. I wouldn't be marrying someone that I didn't trust.. but I don't mean that as if I'm hoping they would be sensible. If they fall in love with a stripper then I guess it just wasn't meant to be :hah:
2. Details.. hmm.. I don't know, haha. I would probably want to know the worst that happened and then every thing in between can just be ignored. But whatever.
3. N/A.

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
If you're a dudette:

1. It wouldn't bother me. If I didn't trust a guy enough to trust him at a bachelor's party, then I wouldn't be getting married to him in the first place.
2. Sure. As stated in my answer to question one, I wouldn't be worried about anything bad happening because of my trust in him, so I wouldn't grill him on what happened, but would probably have fun hearing about the craziness that went down...if he can remember anything :lol:

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
We don't do bachelor/"bachelorette" parties.
I had a bridal shower but that was it really, concerning pre-wedding parties.

What we do have is the sabbath before the wedding all the family on both sides are invited to the groom's house to celebrate the last sabbath together before he gets married.
Yes, it leaves the bride all on her own, so she invites all her close friends for that same sabbath in her home to celebrate her last sabbath as a single girl.