• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bachelor Parties and Strip Clubs

Hypnoticmeg

Registered Member
So my boyfriend asked me if he could go to a stag party this weekend and it made me think about a few things....
A) What percentage of Stag parties actually involve strippers?
B) Are these sort of places acceptable for people in relationships?
C) What constitutes cheating (involving strippers and in any other situation)

He said the majority of stag parties he has been to don't even have strippers anyway (which i find very hard to believe)...but anyway, I said for him to go but thinking about it more made me wonder what is ok and what's not ok. It's not that I don't trust him but I'm not sure I think lap dances are acceptable and think they almost cross a line. I mean think about it, its basically dry humping another girl who is pretty much naked. If that were to happen in any other situation it would be considered cheating (in my book) - so what makes it ok just because it is a stripper?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
A) the vast majority of them

B) That's up to you. It's yours and his relationship. If you don't think it's proper then it's not proper. My personal opinion is they're not a big deal and not worth getting into a fight over if all he's doing is going. I'm assuming it's a friend of his and is he really being a good friend if he doesn't go?

C) Again up to you. If you object to that I don't blame you. Going and hanging out with the guys is one thing. Going and getting a lap dance is another if it bothers you. And if it bothers you your feelings on it should be respected.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I agree with CO in that the majority of them involve strippers. I suppose it depends but alot of them do.

If you ask me a lap dance is crossing the line. I mean, if some random girl starting doing that to him in a bar would you be okay with it? I doubt it. I don't see this as being any different but that's me.

If you trust him then you should let him go and trust that nothing will happen. It's up to you guys what is ok and what isn't, however, because that's different from couple to couple.

Wade8813

Registered Member
So my boyfriend asked me if he could go to a stag party this weekend and it made me think about a few things....

He said the majority of stag parties he has been to don't even have strippers anyway (which i find very hard to believe)...but anyway, I said for him to go but thinking about it more made me wonder what is ok and what's not ok. It's not that I don't trust him but I'm not sure I think lap dances are acceptable and think they almost cross a line. I mean think about it, its basically dry humping another girl who is pretty much naked. If that were to happen in any other situation it would be considered cheating (in my book) - so what makes it ok just because it is a stripper?
A) I have no idea, but really, the percentages don't matter - he's not going to some random stag party. He's going to a stag party with a certain group of friends, who have certain personalities. I have some friends, and I know for a fact they would never consider having strippers. I have other friends, I'm pretty sure they would never consider not having strippers. If you know his friends are the type of people who wouldn't have strippers, then there's a good chance it's not an issue.

Of course, it doesn't seem like there should be any difficulty finding out for sure if you really want to know...

B) I don't think so (unless you're in a fairly open relationship. Of course, that might not be good either, but that's another discussion). Especially if there's a lapdance, that's far beyond what many people would find acceptable in any other situation - it makes no sense to make an exception here.

That said, if you're one of the people who's okay with it (honestly okay with it, not just trying to be because you think you're supposed to), and if you think your S.O. is the type of person who won't let it negatively affect him.

B) That's up to you. It's yours and his relationship. If you don't think it's proper then it's not proper. My personal opinion is they're not a big deal and not worth getting into a fight over if all he's doing is going. I'm assuming it's a friend of his and is he really being a good friend if he doesn't go?
Sure, why not? Is one party with (arguably) inappropriate activities really that important? It's not like a stag party is really a significant life event - it's not the wedding itself.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Sure, why not? Is one party with (arguably) inappropriate activities really that important? It's not like a stag party is really a significant life event - it's not the wedding itself.
Sorry if my question wasn't clear, I didn't mean to imply he wouldn't be if he didn't go. My question was more along the lines of would he feel like he wasn't being a good friend if he didn't go or would his friend feel bad if he didn't go. I personally would go if he was one of my best friends if it was just strippers. Actually hiring hookers though or doing something along those lines to me would be different. But it's a different story for different people.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member

a.) Most.

b.) It depends on how you both view strip clubs.
...I, personally, see nothing wrong with going to them as long as you / your partner stay out of trouble.

c.) This also depends on what you and your partner see as cheating.
...Some may think grabbing a person's bum is flirtations and harmless, while others think it's overstepping the boundaries of disrespect and unfaithfulness.

Do you trust your boyfriend?

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"

Most of them.

It depends on how your relationship is defined; what is and what is not deemed acceptable within the confines of your relationship.

Again it depends on the type of relationship you share. You would have to define the boundaries; what you recognize as cheating or what you decide is acceptable.

billmikea

Registered Member
That's up to you. It's yours and his relationship. If you don't think it's proper then it's not proper. My personal opinion is they're not a big deal and not worth getting into a fight over if all he's doing is going. I'm assuming it's a friend of his and is he really being a good friend if he doesn't go?

dadado

In this time there is no love

i will give my aponion but befor that i havnt any relationship in my life i didnt get the right girl yet

anyway

i mean i dont believe the love from people its imposssible know even if you stayed with a girl 4 10 years

i believe just mum and dad

to be honest i dont have a girlfreind but its clear it doesnt need to accounts you know why because the girls are gorgous fantastic and from their side the wants try to have a sex with other people they dont like to have sex in all of their life with their hasbands this is a fact ~ can you explain me why that girl wear a preaty much naked and went out ? You think if she got a dronk and wants someone to touch her is that one ready to leave her alon without to do anything ?>? Impossiple this situation can be diffrent just if these people are religious in my opinion

i advice you dont give your trust to anyone in the world

all of my respect to your boyfreind but thats what we see in a life now

my regards

downeaster

Registered Member

WOW - he ASKED if he could go? That's something in itself. The fact that he's considering your feelings first is probably enough of an idication that he's a decent guy and wouldn't do anything to hurt your feelings.

Probably most - but not necessarily at a strip club.

They're not the norm for most relationships but a bachelor party is acception to the rule. The bride to be knows her husband is having one - is she fine with it?

Cheating is such a touchy subject for me! I don't think a lapdance is cheating - I think him trying to grab at the dancer is. But who says he's automatically going to get a lapdance?

It's all in the intent.

I think you have to be comfortable with this and if it's something that's going to cause trouble in the relationship down the road, you should definitely speak your mind with him.

Personally - I think most bachelor parites are a bunch of grown men acting like teenagers. They want to tease the groom, drink too much and look like "the man". I don't think you have alot to worry about.