Baby who 'came back to life' dies

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
A premature baby who "came back to life" Monday five hours after she was declared dead and taken to the morgue, died early Tuesday morning.

The one-day-old child passed away at 5:15 a.m. in Nahariya Hospital.
When the baby girl's mother gave birth after going into premature labor at the hospital, the doctor on the scene pronounced the 610-gram fetus dead and it was taken to the morgue.
The father, Ali Majdub, told Channel 2 that his wife realized the child was alive after asking to see her dead daughter one last time.
"When we unwrapped the baby to see her, she realized it was moving. I began screaming and ran with it toward the doctors," he said. She was then rushed to the neonatal intensive care unit, where doctors fought for her life.

Hospital spokesman Ziv Farber said Monday that any premature infant of that weight and age had only a 10 percent chance for survival. But five years ago, he added, "we had a baby weighing only 580 grams, and she survived."
Dr. Moshe Daniel, the hospital's deputy director, said that in his 35 years as a physician, he had "never heard of such a case. It was like a medical miracle." The hospital informed the Health Ministry, which will now decide whether to set up an internal or external investigating committee. Daniel speculated that the cooling effect of the morgue slowed the infant's metabolism, causing her oxygen consumption to be very low. There have been rare cases of people who nearly froze under snow "coming back to life," but there have been no reports of babies doing so.
If they wouldn't have declared her dead at birth the baby might've survived. Shame.

There have been rare cases of people who nearly froze under snow "coming back to life," but there have been no reports of babies doing so.
I'd like to hear more about THAT story.

I'm glad that baby lived. What a miracle!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I wonder which was worse for parents. The first death or the second one.

Boredie, you should be reading stuff like this when you're about to give birth.

I wonder which was worse for parents. The first death or the second one.
I'd almost think the 2nd would be more devastating. To have your hopes raised over then crushed has to be worse than having them dashed the first time when the situation was pretty bleak to begin with.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Boredie, you should be reading stuff like this when you're about to give birth.
True. First I read of this was a couple of days ago when it was a miracle that the baby survived. It was in the headlines. And again this story was in the headlines reporting the baby's death.
This was a premature birth it only weighed 610gram. Thank God I'm not in that situation.