Baby run-over by a train

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by DinoFlintstone, Oct 16, 2009.

1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Baby survives after being run over by train

Very shocking, but there is a hint of scepticism as to whether this was a stunt [with no Baby in the push-chair] to promote Rail-Track safety. If it is a stunt, then they could have/should have timed the 'accident' to happen months before the campaign.

When I was about 4 or 5 I was run-over by an articulated lorry just drove over me with lots of space for me to be safe. I don't remember being afraid, but the driver got the shock of his life.

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I saw a video of this earlier. It's pretty amazing that the baby escaped with just a bump to the head if this is real

3. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

The woman is stood right in front of the push chair. In contact with it, yet she gives it time to roll away while a train is coming.
    I accept is may be a careless mistake/accident, but as I say, I also think it could be a stunt done with a remote control push chair.

I think the platform will have a slight slope to let the rain water run off, but not that big a slope for the push chair run off so quick. [​IMG]

4. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I doubt this was an awareness stunt. Even the most overprotected parent can make a mistake. It is good for the rest of us to take care around train stations.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

OMG that was so scary. I also think it took her way too long to try to stop the moving pram. Of course the sloping platform didn't help.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I saw this last week...I cannot believe the kid only had stratches...

They are both extremely lucky...

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

This is Melbourne platforms we are talking about, no slope and the rain can't get on SOME parts of the platform because there is roof underneath it.

But yeah, I have no idea how did the baby survive, miracle really.

8. TheMaster

TheMaster Registered Member

That sounds like a stunt but i'm not sure if it is.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

It's anything but a stunt.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
  10. FindMuck

FindMuck Registered Member

I believe its real. A baby is small enough so that it could actually work, if it were an adult I would be more skeptical.