Babcock: What an Idiot

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Toronto Sun - On the day in which the Rafael Araujo era ended, former GM Rob Babcock reflected back on that trade.

"I had two guys ranked ahead of him -- (Andre) Iguodala and Jameer Nelson," said Babcock, who still thinks Araujo can become an effective NBA player. "But we went by position. I'm not a guy who goes by position, but I did on that occasion. The situation, the roster, what the needs were there (dictated the pick)."

2. T-Bag

T-Bag Guest

Thank god the way he did or I wouldn't have Andre to cheer for.Maybe Hoffa will become a better player in Utah and prove that Babcock was right...or did Utah get a replacement for Ostertag?

3. Babe_Ruth

Rob Babcock is one of the dumbmest general manager's in the NBA. Just because they need to get bigger doesn't mean you pick the biggest person in the draft. The whole time he was there he had no clue what he was doing and I am so happy that he's gone. If he as another general manager's in the NBA someone as to be real desperate because he did nothing positive in toronto

4. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

I hope he does well in Minny. He can take what he learned here in Tdot and take the experience with him. That night of the 04 draft i still remmeber I hoping the raptors get jameer Nelson.

5. He got traded to Utah mate.
    Yeh, imagine if the Raptors had taken AI or Jameer, they would almost have made the playoffs. I agree about him being an idiot, you take the best player there, not somebody who averages less than a point a game

6. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

Mate, i think we are talking about Babs. ;)

7. Babe_Ruth

Well Araujo did have good numbers at BYU but he was the only person who can score, and yes we where looking for a big man, and yes we just signed Rafer Alston, but still we could of used Andre Iguadola off the bench, now look at him he's becoming a star in Philly, he would be even bigger by now if he wasn't playing in the other AI shadow.

8. Air Fly

Air Fly Guest

Bobcock is/will always be an idiot. He almost singlehandedly fucked up the Toronto franchise.

9. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

He single handedly did. Its not like he wanted to, but he did. :(
    1) Got rid of the best player ever to wear a raptor uniform, for nothing.
    2) Got Hoffa, when we could have had, so many better players. Did you know Hoffa and Pape was in the same draft? We got both, but whose better? Yeah, and he was selected 50 spots above hoffa. Thats how badley Babs screwed up.

10. Babe_Ruth

Well we didn't select Hoffa we traded for him Miami Heat selected Pape sow. But yeah I knew they were in the same draft. Also that trade of Vince Carter as to be one of the worst trades in NBA history, I don't know why he didn't sit Carter till he got a good offer, just like the Pacers did with Artest.