• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Other Axl Rotten passes away

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ugh...and now this...

AXL ROTTEN PASSES AWAY
by Mike Johnson @ 6:50 PM on 2/4/2016

Brian Knighton, professionally known as Axl Rotten, was found deceased today in Baltimore, Maryland. According to sources we have spoken with, he was found by authorities in a motel this afternoon.

We will have more on this shortly.

We'd like to express our deepest condolences to Knighton's friends, family and fans.

Brian Knighton was 44 years old.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The number of these guys who end up dying this way is really sad. Proves that it's still very hard business to be in.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know he got into some sort car accident recently but couldn't pay for surgery and was reaching out to the fans to help him out.

So I dunno if that has anything to do with this at all but its sad regardless

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Millz has probably part of the answer.

He did go under surgery for a back injury following his accident and he had indeed medical bills issues. If you're part of the Kult of Kayfabe Facebook page like me, you probably know that he was around once in a while and posted infrequently but he had been more active recently and while he did acknowledge that he was struggling to pay his medical bills, he seemed upbeat (at least, in the few interactions I had with him) and had set up a GoFundMe account to raise money. Obviously, it looks like it didn't work as from what I understand, he allegedly committed suicide in that motel room.

Also, this morning, he tweeted something about how he was doing things only one way and that was his way, whether people liked it or not. That was his last tweet at 8:36 AM this morning. Maybe we should've seen it coming...