• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awkward Situation....Advice, please?

kmone

Registered Member
Okay, my girlfriend is pregnant. Unplanned pregnancy but life throws you curves sometimes and you gotta deal with em, but onto the point

Going to the gynocologist for the first time tomarow, naturally she wants me to go to. I am freaked out. Bad. :shake:

I don't know what to expect, or what hes gonna do. I have no idea what will take place. That freaks me out even more. I am terrified, and I know this will only be the first among many visits. I don't know how I am going to react. I can't imagine me just standing there with my girlfriend spread eagle naked on a table while some dude is poking and prodding at her private area...Multiple times!! I have this terrible image in my head. I understand this is whats best for her and the baby and it needs to be done, but im hoping somebody out there has been threw this same situation before and explain it to me better...make me feel better?

-Thanks!!

P.S. multiple people have referred her to this doctor, apparently he is the best around here.

P.S.S I wasnt quite sure if this belonged in dating and relationships, or health and fitness. I apologize if I posted in the wrong category

Last edited:

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
Here are a couple of links describing what will happen. :)

This link is an overview: Your first prenatal visit - what to expect

This link explains a pelvic exam more thoroughly (since that seems to be what is worrying you the most): Pelvic Exam: What to Expect | Pregnancy.org

My advice to you is: educate yourself. Things are less scary when you do. And your girlfriend is right to want you there. You are both going to be parents, and it's important for you to be as knowledgeable as she is about all of this. If you're old enough to have sex, you are definitely old enough to go to a doctor's appointment with her.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
If you are scared, imagine how your girlfriend must be feeling right now. I'm not sure how old you are, but I am going to guys you and your gf is still young, hence you freaking out about something as natural as seeing a gynecologist. You have to be there for your gf through every step and it will get easier and better after the first visit. You are just scared of the unknown. But like NIN said, if you are responsible enough to be having sex, you HAVE to be responsible enough to do the right thing here. It's as simple as that.

There is nothing to be afraid of. Man up and be there for your SO. Good luck to you both!

konboye

Registered Member
just look at it as a process, yeah this could be the hard part, but it will pass. When you begin to anticipate the arrival of the baby, and the baby finally arrives, it will be worth it. Just take things one day at a time, it will pass. It gets better, and you will enjoy the good part. Come on, man the fuck up.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Okay, my girlfriend is pregnant. Unplanned pregnancy but life throws you curves sometimes and you gotta deal with em, but onto the point
. I am terrified,
Don't blame life and don't be terrified. You had the chance to be more careful and protect yourself from unplanned pregnancy so you are the one who brought this into your life.
It's not that it happens suddenly just like an accident on the road.

Good luck!

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I agree with NIN - Educate yourself about it.

You need to make sure that you know enough because she is going to be SO scared right now...and my guessing is you're both trying to be brave to each other. Know this - it's ok that you don't know whats going to happen you're not born with a handbook on life...

Make sure you're both comfortable and relaxed around each other and try to not let silly bickerings get to you...it's going to be really stressful and you're going to really need each other.

Oh and my add on advice. Make sure you listen...and I mean REALLY listen to her.

:) good luck dude!

xxx

kmone

Registered Member
Thanks guy. I checked out those links, and honestly this pelvic exam has me flippin but i will have to deal with it. I'm trying to tell my self that its whats best for her and the baby and it needs to be done, but i just wish it wasn't a dude doctor!!!:mad:

btw im 21 and shes 21. been together about a year.

EllyDicious im not blaming life. In this posts i am terrified of going to the gyno with her because I dont know how to handle some guy shoving his fingers and metal stuff into my girlfriend right in front of me. I was just asking for advice and a little more information on this, thats all.

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
You shouldn't worry about it being a dude dr. They look at vagina all day long, it's a job.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Congratulations, I know I would nevous like you if I got my girl pregnant...nothing wrong about getting nervous and having cold feet, like anittaknapp said all they are going to do is examine her vagina. Also from the article that was linked up on this thread, they said it will be the longest appoinment. Let us know what happens to ya.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Oh yeah, I was in labor and the doctor had his hands in there up to his elbows (exagerating) and my husband says: "oh, that's it... no more Mr. Nice Guy", he was shocked that a woman's parts were so... stretchable. But it wasn't a good experience for him. He was better off naive and thinking the angelic thoughts of how precious women are. But he's a wuss.

Childbearing is a freeking beautiful experience. Pregnancy is how a woman's body is meant to be. Enjoy it, it's a gift and an unforgettable wonderful amazing time of life.