Wii Awesome idea for Revolution "classic games"

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Online time rankings would be an AWESOME feature to see on the Revolution now that it will have a backlibrary of all the classics and online access. If the could make a non cheatable system, it would be cool to race people in classics and have your time saved.

Take for example Mario 3. A guy has a video of him beating it in 10 minutes. I'm sure everyone has seen this online somewhere. What if the Revolution classic backlibrary included a way to time your run and then save your time on an online leader board? I don't know about you, but I'd definitely try for a few records. It would also increase the replay value of all of the classics by a lot, and add a whole new aspect to each game.

:)

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

That's actually a really cool idea. It would be awesome for a game like Mario Kart.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well Mario Kart already has stuff like that, for time trials. I actually had the idea when reading about how fast everyone can beat Zelda, lol! I figured how cool would it be to have a legit cheatproof way to compaire times on long games. Only the oldschool gamers would attempt it, but then again the only people playing the classic games will be the oldschoolers anyway. Kids these days just want great graphics. They won't give the classics a chance, but people who played them before would, and having a way to rank your times on most of the classics would be awesome.

4. Major

Yeah, I agree. It'd also be cool if it would show different accomplishments like beating a Zelda game with just three hearts, or a Metroid game with no extra energy tanks or missile expansions.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Man, it's impossible to beat the first Zelda with just three hearts, because that's all they give you. I'm sure you can do it with a couple, though. I love the diea, but know I won't be spending my time learning how to do speed runs for a world record. Unless there's a prize. Prize makes everything all better.

6. Major

I'm pretty sure you can beat any Zelda without picking up any heart containers. I've always wanted to try it on Ocarina of Time. I don't think it would be that hard, except for some of the boss fights where one hit takes away three hearts or more.

7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

you have to remember that people who have posted those speed runs are useing roms of those games... I actually want to see them do it on a console in front of my eyes... I have some serious doubts about those speed runs!!

8. Major

The runs at Speed Demos Archive are all legit, I'm pretty sure. They have pretty strict rules there. I highly recommend watching some of the Metroid Prime speed runs. Those are probably the most impressive I've ever seen, and are definitely done fairly on consoles.

9. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I have seen the MP speed run... and I cant argue with that one, I just dont like the fact that people used emulators for it... I would rather see it on a console version, because emulators are known for there glitches

10. Major

None of the MP run were done on emulators. I guarantee it. All of the speed tricks they do are very possible, although incredibly difficult, and I've done some of them myself. Like getting space jump first.