Awesome Halftime Show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Major, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

This is the Cal marching band performing at halftime during a recent football game. It probably sounds dumb, but they do a bunch of videogame themes and it's actually very impressive. Check it out. See how many you recognize.

LiveLeak.com - Amazing Geek School Band

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I recognized them all. That was insanely cool. Probably the best college halftime show I've ever seen by far.

Hey it's better than a lot of the Superbowl concepts too, I mean Rolling Stones were.. old, not to mention couldn't sing anymore. This would have been much cooler to see then.

3. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

That was impressive. Must have had great choreographiers to make it all work. I did notice that they slightly cheated on some of the songs. Some quarter and half notes that should have been eight or quarter notes. But I don't play those instruments so I wouldn't know how hard the real way would be though. Still very impressive though. Worthy of the Superbowl!

4. Major

Here's another one. This is the Ohio State marching band, considered by many to be the best in the country. Sorry, the quality isn't nearly as good since it's obviously shot with a digital camera, but it's still cool.

YouTube - OSU Does Hollywood

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow that next one was AWESOME. Too bad the quality was not as good.

It's unfortunate that it cuts off at 7:07 though. I bet it had at least 20 seconds left. Oh well, still very awesome.

If I had to rank the two i think this one would win for best performance overall. The other is easier to watch though because the camera isn't shaking around with people screaming next to it.

6. Major

I went to the Ohio State vs Wisconsin game a couple weeks ago and they did Batman, James Bond, Superman, and Robin Hood. It's actually pretty amazing seeing it in person, the timing involved and everything. It's too bad I stopped playing instruments in 6th grade, cause it would have been awesome being part of something like that.

Here's the video for that one, but the quality is even worse than the last one. You can't really hear the music at all, but the people talking are hilarious.

YouTube - Ohio State Marching Band "Heroes and Legends" Halftime Show

7. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

Wow, that first video was pretty crazy. Had me laughing my ass off.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Gotta love awesome band directors and talented people, eh? Those were some pretty good videos, especially the "Pirates" part of the first OSU one.