Award Winners

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by andrew_bishop, Jun 15, 2007.

1. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Winners of the 2006-2007 NHL awards, presented Thursday night at the Elgin Theatre in Toronto. Voting is by members of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association, except the Vezina which is awarded by NHL general managers, and the Adams which is determined by a poll of NHL Broadcasters' Association members.

Hart Memorial Trophy, MVP - Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh.
    Vezina Trophy, goaltender - Martin Brodeur, New Jersey.
    James Norris Memorial Trophy, defenseman - Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit.
    Calder Memorial Trophy, rookie - Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh.
    Frank J. Selke Trophy, defensive forward - Rod Brind'Amour, Carolina.
    Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, most gentlemanly - Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit.
    Jack Adams Award, coach - Alain Vigneault, Vancouver.
    King Clancy Trophy, humanitarian contribution to hockey - Saku Koivu, Montreal.
    Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy, perserverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey - Phil Kessel, Boston.
    Art Ross Trophy, points scoring leader - Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh.
    Maurice Richard Trophy, goal-scoring leader - Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay.
    William M. Jennings Trophy, goalies with fewest goals against, minimum 25 games - Nicklas Backstrom and Manny Fernandez, Minnesota.
    Lester B. Pearson Award, outstanding player - Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh

2. JerseyGirl77

JerseyGirl77 Guest

Yay for my boy, Marty! I'm sad that Pandolfo didn't win the Selke, though. He's so fucking underrated, it's not funny. Other than that, I agree with just about all of these. I knew Crosby was getting that. I think everyone knew that.

3. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Yeah everybody knew that one. That was obv despite I think it should have been somebody else but then again im not the hockey ruler of the world.