• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Avengers: Age of Ultron

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but I did a search and couldn't find one.

I've been doing a lot of reading about the Avengers sequel, and everything I'm seeing is making me more and more excited!

Apparently Black Widow is going to have a really big role in it, as Whedon has stated he likes to focus on characters that don't have their own solo films. As a huge Black Widow fan this is really exciting.

Joss Whedon: Black Widow is ‘A Huge Part’ of ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’

Also the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have been announced to be in the new film.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I'm so excited to see this! Especially because Scarlett Johansson. Though I hope we see a lot of Iron Man, I love him. He's so funny.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm stoked to see Quicksilver in a movie..I hope that he and Scarlet Witch have a decent role and actually speak from time to time lol.

I just don't understand why they're doing Age of Ultron (a recent comic book arc) when at the end of the first movie they teased Thanos and the infinity gauntlet/gems.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Black Widow was so damned boring. She was literally nothing impressive, just some super spy. I'd like to see some more use of her but to be honest, she just doesn't seem interesting enough to warrant a bigger role.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Black Widow was so damned boring. She was literally nothing impressive, just some super spy. I'd like to see some more use of her but to be honest, she just doesn't seem interesting enough to warrant a bigger role.
Oh really? That's interesting, you're the first person I've heard who didn't like her. Everyone I have spoken to loved her. She was my favourite character because I found her really complex.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Oh really? That's interesting, you're the first person I've heard who didn't like her. Everyone I have spoken to loved her. She was my favourite character because I found her really complex.
And you're the first person I've met who has loved her :lol:

Aside from liking her because she's hot, no one in my group of friends really cared for her. No one hated her, they just found her, like me, to be flimsy and boring. She really didn't have a whole lot going on especially when compared to the other heroes.

dDave

V.I.P.
I agree that Black Widow was on a lesser tier than the other heroes in the Avengers. I wouldn't call her boring, but she's definitely not the best. If they're going to use her I think it would be nice to see a bit of character development. I know she originally started out in Iron Man 2, but we still don't know much about the character. At least she's done by an actress that can deliver anything perfectly.

IMDb has a page up for this movie (as expected) The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - IMDb

I don't see Spiderman or Wolverine on there. I just hope that they can manage to work something out with those characters, it'd be sweet to see everyone in there.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It would be badass to see those two show up. I would love to hear some banter between Wolverine and Stark. I'm hoping too that they can work something out to get them in, that would be pretty damned amazing.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
I get the idea of using Ultron, it definaltely expands the Marvel universe....a ton, that way they can really set up Thanos as THE MOFO. I think it makes a ton of sense and I love it. As far as Black Widow? I dig it, she's hot, I'm not going to complain. Her character lacked...well...everything in the first movie so I'll be interested, not going to lie.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
And you're the first person I've met who has loved her :lol:

Aside from liking her because she's hot, no one in my group of friends really cared for her. No one hated her, they just found her, like me, to be flimsy and boring. She really didn't have a whole lot going on especially when compared to the other heroes.
Everyone has characters they like and dislike, which is probably why these ensemble pieces work so well, there's something for everyone. As for me I would write why I like Black Widow so much, but it would take about 6 paragraphs haha. She was just the most interesting and most fascinating to dissect for me.