Hiei

The Hierophant
I have been thinking about changing my avatar for a few days now, and I think I've decided against it. I've had this avatar for probably over a year now, and that got me wondering. How many other people on this site have had their avatar for a long time? And when someone has their avatar for a long time then randomly change it, does it throw you for a loop?

I know that for me, I do actually get used to seeing an avatar more than their actual name, so, when they change their avatar it really does throw me off. That is, unless they change their avatar on a regular basis anyway.

I was also wondering how long I actually HAVE had my avatar. I remember that at one point there was an avatar hoarding award on the stats page that said who's had their avatar the longest. I think that'd be cool to have back since I bet I'd be on that list.

Yeah, there's still a list of ppl who've kept their avatars the longest. If only the stat page would load more often.

I like to change mine on a semi-regular basis, because if I kept one too long, I would never change it for fear of identity loss. :shifteyes: It doesn't throw me off any more when people switch up their avatars unless they've had it a seriously long time. And even then, I can adjust pretty quickly. I remember when I was a noob, any and every avatar change confused me.

Edit: Hiei, I remember specifically being confused, as a new member, about you when you changed yours. When I joined the forum, your avatar was of some old dude's face. I strongly attached it to your personality (no idea why) and then when you switched... yeah.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think the Avatar Hoarder winner is Swift. For as long as I've been on GF, he has never changed it.

If Swift were to change his avatar.... I wouldnt know who he is, flat out. I'd see a post and think WTF? who is this goober trying to act like Swift?

I've stuck with my avatars for a while in the past. I had the Captain America Shield one for a long while... but just took it down recently for no apparent reason. One of the longest ones I ever had was probably that Goat in the Cemetery one. I dug that one and I think alot of other members appreciated it to.

if you didnt have the opportunity to be around for that one, this is what it looked like in full size

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It gets boring to see someone with the same avatar.
Though I get used and relate the avatar to the person but still, a change every now and then is good.
I change mine 1 in 2 months or so.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think you'll only see the stat if your VIP Hiei.

I haven't changed my avatar in over a year now, and I don't plan to change it anytime soon. Obviously I'm bias when I say this but I believe I have the nicest avatar on the forums. I just love it, and it's my username.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I think the Avatar Hoarder winner is Swift. For as long as I've been on GF, he has never changed it.

If Swift were to change his avatar.... I wouldnt know who he is, flat out. I'd see a post and think WTF? who is this goober trying to act like Swift?
For some reason, I wouldn't want him to change his avatar. It fits him.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
George has had exactly two avatars in my three years at GF.

Oh hey it was my 3 year anniversary the other day.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I change my avatar frequently because I hate to see the same one for too long. I like to keep things fresh and what not.

It does throw me for a loop when people with longstanding avatars change them. I tend to associate avatars with personalities.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I think you'll only see the stat if your VIP Hiei.

I haven't changed my avatar in over a year now, and I don't plan to change it anytime soon. Obviously I'm bias when I say this but I believe I have the nicest avatar on the forums. I just love it, and it's my username.
It's your username? Your username is Babe Ruth, your picture is Michael Jordan, you should change your username back to Michael Jordan, personally I liked that one more.

Your avatar is up there on the nice list, I think mine is too.