Discussion in 'Anime' started by oxyMORON, Aug 22, 2010.

1. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Anyone watch this?

I saw the movie first. I heard people rave about the cartoon so I decided to check it out because I thought it had to be better than the movie.

Turns out I love the series. I finished all three seasons in a little over a week. In retrospect, I can't believe how terrible the movie adaptation was.

if you remember this episode:
    YouTube - Avatar thinks The Last Airbender was bad. Movie Review

2. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

As a huge fan of the series I categorically refused to see the movie once I heard of the change of the pronunciation of the name Aang. I know it seems like such a trivial thing to pick up on and base your opinion of an entire movie on but it was only a precursor to some of the other atrocities committed.

Oxy, you need to try and find the Avatar: Extras episodes. They contain little tidbits of information about the show. Every one has an "Extra" counterpart.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I had already heard of the show before I saw the movie and I was confused as to why they changed the pronunciation too. It would definitely bother me now if I rewatched the movie.

I'm guessing those episodes aren't on youtube?

4. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

5. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

The reason I haven't watched the cartoon (not anime) is because the rest of the movies will suck after I do. Besides, it's no fun watching something if you know the story. Everyone who's seen the cartoon says the movie sucks.

6. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I haven't seen much of the cartoon, but i love Toph and Sokka. When i first saw the trailer i thought it looked too serious than it needs to be, since the cartoon is so light hearted and funny; and when i asked some friends they said it sucked.

But heck, it couldn't be as bad as DragonBall Evo...could it?

7. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

The Avatar movie was nice. The Dragonball movie sucked even if you didn't see the anime.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Yeah the movie was definitely too serious. Sokka was not funny at all (nor did he try to be) and I don't think Aang even smiled. haha

That Dragonball movie is to me as the Avatar movie is to Barbara. :lick: but at least they did have an asian guy in the Dragonball movie.

fractal: that's kind of why I watched the movie first. I already heard bad things, but I wanted to see what it was like anyways and then compare it to the cartoon, not the other way around.

9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

So your reason for not watching the show is you're pretty sure it'll be much better than the movie?

10. Crouton

Crouton Ninja V.I.P. Lifetime

I love this cartoon but this is not anime, I don't think it should be in the anime section since it's a US cartoon instead.

Either way though this is one of the best cartoons I have ever watched, I love it so much and want to buy all three books on DVD.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011