Movies Avatar On Blu-Ray April 22nd!

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Will you buy Avatar when it comes out on April 22nd or will you wait for the special edition that is rumored to come out later in the year?

Amazon.com: Avatar (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez, James Cameron: Movies & TV

The special edition is supposed to include the director's cut which has up to 40 extra minutes of footage. Personally I am pretty psyched about an even longer version. I loved this movie and I am interested in seeing what was taken out.

I will definitely rent it when it comes out, but if the special edition rumors are true then I will wait for that. Another bonus with the special edition is that it is supposed to have a 3D option, for those with 3D capable TV's at home. I don't have this but as long as the SE also includes the 2D version that I'll still wait for that.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I will buy it.

And if a special edition comes out later on in the year. I'll either give my Blu-Ray first edition to my Parents... or I'll try to sell it on Ebay.

Avatar is just one of those movies where I know that without a doubt in my mind I will own it.

To be honest Im surprised they're releasing it on Blu-Ray so quickly!

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I would rather own New Moon than this. Haha. Not sure if it is the lame looking blue things, Weaver or the amount of hype this movie recieved that turns me off the most.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have yet to see this movie but I'll probably end up buying it on DVD since I want to see the movie.

I wonder if it's going to beat Hangover in DVD sells.

5. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

This is one that should have been caught in the cinema and in 3D. The visuals are the best part. Although HD might look quite nice too.

6. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

I have to say that HD Avatar will probably turn out to be the better option for me. I am always looking for demo material on Blu-Ray.

The extra content, however, does sound appealing. If it adds more of the Colonel, then I'm sold.

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would like to see the special edition. I like to see how they made the movie and what scenes were cut out. That was a pretty darn good movie!

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah I'm usually like that too especially with video games (Specifically Halo and Call of Duty).

However, I found that I liked this movie a lot, they really did a great job creating a new world and an entire new race. And I must say that the special effects were amazing as well. I also liked the plot, if there was a book I'd definitely get it just because it always includes some stuff that wasn't in the movie.

The movie received a lot of hype because it was the first 3-D movie, which is amazing technology that everyone likes to see.

I didn't let that stop me from looking past and seeing that it's a good movie.

I saw it in Digital 3-D at the theater, wish I'd seen it in IMAX but there was no way to fix that.