Movies Avatar 2: The Abyss

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by icegoat63, Apr 22, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm really excited about this news.

Spectacular news for Avatar fans thats for sure. An Underwater Epic would be amazing in 3d. I absolutely cant wait for more details!

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think this is a really good idea. I wonder if Avatar 2 will feature the same characters or all new characters? I just hope the plot can "hold water", no pun intended. The first one didn't seem like it left that much room for sequels. I mean, it essentially felt like the end of the first Matrix, a movie I feel would have been better off left as a standalone title.

3. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I wonder if they'll actually ditch the word Avatar from the title if there won't actually be any Avatars in it. Or maybe there'll be a whole new bunch of Avatars and Jake will be left out of it.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE EMPHASIZED THE STUPID THING.

I'd watch a sequel, it's just not on any sort of MUST FOLLOW MOVIES list for me.

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

This is how a sequel should be. It should have elements of the first, but not be a complete rehash. Basically, it doesn't seem like it will be just the same characters with a different plot and setting. It needs to have the same theme but be a different movie. I loved the first one, and I really home cameron does a good job of the second one. Although, I think a lot of the first one's monetary success was due to it being in 3D.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I'm excited for what they are planning to do with this movie.

My only concern is that it might come across as a movie that was made for simply making money.

I also believe that the first movie could easily be a standalone movie, it didn't seem to leave much for a second let alone a third movie. But since they're taking it to one of the moons they might be able to pull off another great movie.

7. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

I thought that one Avatar was enough, but now that Cameron may put it underwater may make me interested.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Oh great, this bullshit again. Haha.

Gavik likes this.
  9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

for people who just saw me in chat, I am fucking STOKED. I can't wait to see this. I absolutely loved avatar so freaking much. It was amazing. OMG

10. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I can confirm, she was squeaking with joy! :eek:mg: Kind of like that.

I won't be seeing the 1st until it's available on Netflix (May 20th), but I'm sure I'll enjoy and be excited about this one by then, lol.