• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Auto Inspection Time But I Missed It.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was suppose to get my truck inspected in December but I forgot. Between Christmas, my tooth and the flu the fact I needed to do that just went out the window. So today I got stopped by the deputy sheriff and he reminded me that I needed to do that. He was super nice about it, didn't even write me out a warning, even said it wasn't a big deal to him but if a trooper stopped me it might be.:-o

This isn't the worst thing I have done when it comes to tags on my vehicle. One time I got my car inspected, bought my tags, put them in the glove box and that's where they stayed for the next 9 months. The only reason I noticed they hadn't been put on was a sheriffs deputy kept looking at my tags but he didn't say anything. When he left I took a look and about fainted. I put them on immediately.:lol:

Am I the only one that has ever done this? Are you punctual about your inspection?

Taliesin

Registered Member
Wow. It sounds like the sheriff deputies you have there are pretty damn cool! :D

I don't even drive, so I've never had occasion to forget something like this. I don't think I would though because I would be paranoid about getting into trouble. I've always been that way.

Elanor

Registered Member
I have forgotten to get my car's annual check once, but I was only 2 weeks late, and I didn't get stopped. I try to be punctual with it, as I really wouldn't like to get into trouble. My Granny though once went 3 months! She was reminded by her mechanic that it needed to be done, thankfully she didn't get in any trouble either. Now she has my Uncle to remind her.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have tags now so maybe I won't get into trouble for that again. Not that I did anyway. That was an adventure, got my appointment, arrived at my sons house, truck wouldn't start, had to go buy a new battery and was almost late for my appointment.ha ha
------
I have forgotten to get my car's annual check once, but I was only 2 weeks late, and I didn't get stopped. I try to be punctual with it, as I really wouldn't like to get into trouble. My Granny though once went 3 months! She was reminded by her mechanic that it needed to be done, thankfully she didn't get in any trouble either. Now she has my Uncle to remind her.
I think I need someone to remind me besides the state sending out their reminder which I put up then forget.

Last edited: